**disease? or normal.

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 7b)

I dont know much about iris except they are beautiful.
This is a clump that I recieved from a neighbor last year.
They bloomed beautifully but now have these spots all over the leaves.
I dont remember the only other clump of iris (5 years old) having these spots.
I planted some glads right near them and they are comming up but are dying at the base before they are blooming. Could there be something in the soil? Is there a spray or something to put on the soil.

Thanks for any info.
chris

Thumbnail by chris_lcf530

another look

Thumbnail by chris_lcf530

Any ideas anyone?

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Chris, I'm not an expert... are they maybe getting too much water? or iris borers? dread that thought. if you go to bug files and search for iris borers, it will give a good article on them. Are they buried too deep? Iris like to have their bellies showing.. with maybe a little pinestraw over them for shade in the hot summer.
good luck,
Elaine

South Hamilton, MA

Chris--that looks like leaf spot to me. It is a fungus that will hit leaves from the soil, I think I will ask others who treat it to chime in.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Hi Chris... I agree with irisMA, but boy is that a bad case. Maybe some else has a better answer. Here's a link to a previous thread about leaf spot. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/851511/

Good Luck, Dan

Thanks for the link!
I sure dont want this getting out of hand if it isnt already.
I am going to cut them all to the ground. Then spray with the fungacide that was mentioned in the other thread. (forgot the name already)
They finished blooming a few weeks ago.
I would rather lose these new iris that were being given away by the neighbors than to have this spread to any of my other stuff.

Thanks everyone,
chris

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.