Pillowcases for a Good Cause

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

A few days ago I came across an article on ConKerr Cancer. Yesterday I attended my SD graduation from Nursing School. One of her friends is taking a job on a Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Ward. I might not have her talents to help these kids, but I can sew.

In just over two years, ConKerr Cancer has …

Delivered nearly 30,000 cheerful pillowcases to sick children in hospitals across the country
Established 41 chapters (so far!) serving children in 48 hospitals and pediatric hospices across the United States, Canada and South Africa
Recruited thousands of volunteers – young and old - to sew and donate pillowcases.
Recognized nationally by Martha Stewart Omni Media, Talbots, Bank of America, SVP Worldwide (Singer-Viking-Pfaff), Macy’s and St. Christopher’s Foundation for Children

http://conkerrcancer.org/howtohelp.html

I don't know any sewer who doesn't have left over fabric. I'm hoping that some of you might like to make some pillowcases for this cause. The website lists all the donation centers. I've donated quilts in the past, but they take time. These pillowcases can be done quickly.

Happy Sewing..................

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!