Dialysis Solution

Romeoville, IL(Zone 5b)

This may sound strange. A woman I work with said her friend was on kidney dialysis and had tried watering some almost dead flowers with Dianeal dialysys solution, and was amazed at the results. the flowers are doing great now. Anyone ever heard of this? This person has passed now, but I have a case of this stuff.

Beverly Hills, FL(Zone 8b)

I think dialysis solution has certain kinds of electrolytes in them. How much, or what is in them, I don't really know.

Hutto, TX(Zone 8b)

The peritoneal dialysis solution has salt, calcium chloride, magnesium chloride as well as about 1.5% dextrose in a base of sterile water. In general, you'd probably get the same benefit by watering with a little epsom salts in the water. That way you'd avoid the sugar and salt that your plants don't really need.

I was on peritoneal dialysis for a couple of years before receiving a kidney transplant. I never thought to use the solution for watering plants. However, it might be possible to water with the "used" dialysis solution. That would have the extra ammonia, nitrates, protein, and other blood-stream wastes...it would be a little like using aquarium water. Normally the used solution is drained into a sink or toilet.

David

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.