Starting a memory garden

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

After loosing our beloved Heather on may 5th, we began a memory garden.When we lost Heidi back in 94, I built a bench, and plased it next her grave.Now we have our beloved dogs on each side of the bench.Doing a memory garden has been so rewarding for us, and especially me.I had ordered some Asiactic lilies for Heidi's grave, and will do something special for Heather.Mike

This is how it started

Thumbnail by mqiq77

This is today

Thumbnail by mqiq77
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

This is so touching and kind. I am very moved by your expression of love. There's still room in the world for sensitive guys...lots of room.

Laurel

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike, sooo sorry about your beloved Heather. I am sorry I missed all of this due my father getting sick etc. Lillies look great already! May they both rest in piece, they've had a wonderfull live with you.
Coby

Thank you Laurel , and Coby, this is a first for me, usually I just cram things in the ground, and then every thing is over grown.
Coby, I know you have had a strugle with your dad, and the hospital.I hope all is doing well.Mike

I'm sorry about loosing Heather, Mike. Your memorial to your pets is a testament of how you treat living things.

I hope your memories comfort you in this beautiful space.

GGG

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Mike, I followed your thread about Heather for the longest and had to stop, every time I would just cry for you. How lovingly you have created this memorial..........the same way you cared for her.
Sharon

GGG, and Sharon, You have really touched me.Thanks Mike

How sweet and kind. I was so sad for you. I know I'll be facing this before too much longer. My girl is 13. May I have your grace.
{{{ }}}
Hugs&blessings ... ~Susan

certinly Susan, You will find memories that go back to the beginning.We have only the fond ones of our Baby, not the way she got at the end.BTW, I always said that I would have to be "put down" first, but YOU will know when its time. Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.