Grand Canyon Gold....

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

the suspense has been killing me but it finally opened today !!!! Keep in mind that I am no photographer but the iris is beautiful !
Deb

Thumbnail by Willit_Grow
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Love the subtle colors in that one.

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

another view. It really is beautiful despite the poor photography.

Thumbnail by Willit_Grow
Philadelphia, PA

Isn't that the one that Margie had with 4 standards and 4 falls Deb?

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Yes Mit, this is the one but, unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of seeing that person to iris. Mine only had the normal 3 standards and falls. But it is still lovely.

South Hamilton, MA

Maybe the extras are a CA & AR happening

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

I don't completely understand the 4-4-4 factor that Margie has spoken of. LOL, I'm not sure I would understand it at all yet. I'm still in the collector mode. I haven't gotten to the hybridizing mode . All I know is that it is a beauty anyway.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Ah..............yes. This one is a true 4-4-4 - - and as stated on Nola's Iris Garden website " Only the top bud blooms with the 4-4-4 factor and is consistent on 75%-80% of all stalks." (they have that written once you click on it's photo to buy it. I ought to ask them to place that statement back on the main Introduction page, so people don't feel misled.

For instance this year I had 4 plants bloom and 3 of the 4 terminal (top blooms) had the 4-4-4 factor bloom displayed.

I know it blooms in Texas w/ the 4-4-4 factor (even though most of it was washed away by floods at the AIS Convention gardens), also blooms 4-4-4 in AZ., CA., Tenn., AR, and New Mexico.

I'm quite sure next year Deb will see several 4-4-4's. (I could be wrong, but it really ought to occur.)

Here is a 3 year clump taken from a top view where it was more like 90% of them had the 4-4-4 factor going for them.

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

Ooooo I gotta have it..at Nola's you say?.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Beautiful!

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Of coarse I will love to see it if mine blooms with 4-4-4 next year but, ya know what, if it doesn't...it is still a keeper . I love it. Thanks for doing all the work in hybridizing Margie.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Jackie, yes it's available at Nola's Iris Garden.
http://www.walking-p-bar.com/shopsite/New%20Introductions.html

This year one of it's siblings is proving to have the 2nd one down (one another branch) of the stalk as being 4-4-4 now too. It's an off pink color. Not as pretty as GCG, but I can use it towards my goal for achieving a plant with multiple 4-4-4s.

~Margie

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

Oh that's soo neat Margie. Congratulations on that one too.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Here is Margie's Grand Canyon Gold which I photographed at the convention. Not the greatest photo but, this one does appear the 4 standards and 4 falls, but I also really love the the colors.
It is a tribute to Grand Canyon Gold that it bloomed at all at Austin. Many of the iris there died there due to heat and water especially the first year. Margie's did very well, all things considered.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Pylesville, MD(Zone 6b)

pajaritomt I must have taken mine just after you
LOL
A

Thumbnail by avmoran
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Sure looks like it! At least you got rid of the waterline behind! Betty

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.