Getting nicotine odour OUT !!!

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Hi ..

We have a smoker in the house .. now that the weather has gotten (is getting) better .. she will be going outside to smoke .. but .. the room that was set aside for this person to smoke in over the winter (referred to as the poison room) is pretty much POO POO POO !!!
This room is home to my beloved daybed which has linens made just for it. these linens, which include a quilt and pillows to match and a bedskirt .. these are all now filled with the smell of nicotine and, as well, discoloured :-( I would like to know if anyone has dealt with this issue and what it was you did to get rid of the odour.

I have a clothesline and can dry the linens outside .. but .. am wondering if I should perhaps soak them in something first before laundering .. I had thought perhaps 'vinegar' ?

Any suggestions GREATLY appreciated as it looks like we are going to have a few days of fair weather ..

Thanks so much.

~Marilynne~

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!