Home Town Paper

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Another little story I wrote.....this is ones not a funny story, but I'd like to think there is some value in reading it anyways....I hope if you have the time you might get something out of it.....something good I'd like to think

http://web.mac.com/sinai/Site/Blog/Entries/2008/5/28_Home_Town_Paper.html

Paul from Alabama

Cordele, GA

Paul, I'm glad that you got your perennials. Enjoy your Mother's pride while you can. I lost mine in April and the sun doesn't shine as bright since then.

Beth

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Beth....So sorry for your loss....I think of losing mine sometimes...for years I thought of me dying first of cancer and how that would effect her.....I reckon death is something we all are going to deal with ourselves and with our loved ones and I reckon you try to love'em while you can and make the most of your own time here as best you can too.....I don't always do that myself but I'm getting better at it I hope.....

Paul Daniels

Cordele, GA

I decided ,when my father died some thirty years ago, to live so that I had the least regrets and guilt. I am sad and I miss mother, but I don't feel that there was anything undone or unsaid between us. That helps a lot.

Beth

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Trying to beat that regret thing myself....doing better at it too....

Paul from Alabama

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Wonderful story of your mama's love and pride for you and your gardens, Paul. Thank you for sharing it. It touched me, like all of your stories. Now that newpaper article may turn your gardens into a mini Callaway Gardens. Get ready for tours. I'd surely be coming by if I lived closer.

Beth, hon, I didn't realize you lost your mama in April. I am so sorry. You get your love for gardening from your mama. I hope you are able to get back into gardening before your mama got sick. Last we talked you had given up your gardens to teach in N Ga to be closer to her. Are you back home now? D-mail me or better yet, come by and see me.

If it wasn't so late, I'd call mine. That will be the first thing I do in the morning.

Canton, GA(Zone 7b)

This is a sweet story Paul! Thank you for sharing!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

cordeledawg.....thanks, I sure glad you enjoyed and related to that one...as far as tours, you come by and you get the tour and the homemade icecream.....:)

deanna thanks glad you like it and thanks for taking time to write....

Paul from Alabama

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.