figured you guys might laugh at this

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I was so proud the first year i grew something from seed.... didn't really have a garden or have a clue that i was going to have all this yet

I knew what the babys breath was because the packet said so.... and the other was a pack of assorted seed and I had no clue what they were.... funny how i went back to the cleome now... didn't even remember that i had that before i saw this picture

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

and my first dahlia that I wondered why it didn't come back the next year... after leaving the pot out over the winter

:)

Thumbnail by onewish1
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Yes, the funny beginnings!
I was at my sisters on Saturday helping with plantings for the wedding. I told her I wasn't very good at planning, and things are always different than I see in my head. Of course this was after we finished all the planting. So now I don't know what she thinks of me!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Could be worse - you can be color blind! Our technician at work was, and didn't mention it until he connected hundreds of color-coded wires for an important gov project.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Wow, yes that is worse.
At least my sister thinks my garden is beautiful and I'm all knowing when it comes to plants.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

made me laugh that the small flowers are in the big pot and vice versa

(Zone 4a)

We all learn don't we? I sure have made tons of mistakes myself....it is always fun learning though :)

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

amazing what a few years can do

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Allison ~

If there's one thing I am enjoying about the whole gardening experience, it's the learning something new almost every week. We laugh at ourselves as we grow wiser, and then we are founts of gardening information to others. It's a great feeling - both the learning and the sharing.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Yes we now laugh...............I shall never forget the years it took to get rid of the horseradish I just had to have............but it was better than store bought. Now that it is past history...........store bought is the best in the world.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Oh yeah!
I can echo that, but my 'invader' was an onion! Just couldn't get rid of that thing for years!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

and not only the time and effort put in... a large part of my knowledge comes from my wonderful friends at daves!... so thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.