AVG free 08

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I downloaded the free version of AVG a couple of weeks ago and since then have had some screen freeze problems. I did not understand this at first and thought that the program was causing some problems with my computer. Well I did some looking at the new program that was downloaded and noticed a links checker.

What ??????????????

Well I have noticed of late that any time I do a goggle search that I have whirlies next to each link that end up with a green star and a check mark. Duh turns out that link checker scopes out any links that are on a page to see if they lead to web sites that aren't safe and gives you an OK rating, a warning, or flat out blocks the site altogether. How cool is that! This is the cause of my freeze ups, probably because I'm still in the stone age dial up. :)

This thread has 46 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!