memorial day

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope everyone had a great day and took time to remember those who served or are currently serving.

"...gather around their sacred remains and garland the passionless mounds above them with choicest flowers of springtime....let us in this solemn presence renew our pledges to aid and assist those whom they have left among us as sacred charges upon the Nation's gratitude,--the soldier's and sailor's widow and orphan." --General John Logan, General Order No. 11, 5 May 1868

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Love the quote, Jen. A very fitting Memorial Day tribute to our fallen service men and women. Makes you stop and think about the families and loved ones left behind when a soldier or sailor dies maintaining our freedom. They have also given much. Eleanor

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

I like to visit the local cemetery on Memorial Day and stop at each grave sporting an American flag. We saw everything from Revolutionary War to VietNam represented. It was peaceful and a nice way to honor those who fought for us.

Thumbnail by mamasita
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

My dad was in the Navy, WWII. I had this bouquet of flowers donated in his name through The Memorial Day Foundation:

"The Memorial Day Foundation will give the public an opportunity to honor and remember the nations war dead. The Foundation will assemble, transport and place these special bouquets at the National War Memorials in Washington, D.C. You may choose to send one or more bouquets to the National War Memorials. "

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.