Breathe deep & tell us what smells wonderful in your garden

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

This bloom is finally opening today and has a delicate but wonderful scent.

Thumbnail by podster

Up close, the Callisia fragrans bloom.

Thumbnail by podster

The Hoyas always smell wonderful in bloom.

Thumbnail by podster
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hoya Lacunosa - not outside but in.....ahhhhh amazing scent!!!

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ya'll have seen this one already but here's Kleim's Hardy Gardenia...this is one of 3 that are known to be hardy to our zone. Simple blooms...but just as fragrant.

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Maid of Orleans...such little bloom...pack such a punch....

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

To throw a little color in here (LOL) - the lavenders all starting to bloom

Thumbnail by Chantell
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nothing right now and it's annoying me!!!!

Sorry Flowerjen, it shouldn't be long for you now.

Chantell, glad you posted the "color". I was thinking only white blooms smelled good!

Confederate Jasmine still in bloom with fragrant daylilies... Both are winding down sadly.

Thumbnail by podster
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Funny think is - it DOES seem to be the whites of so many that have the most intense fragrance....took me years to figure that out and understand that I could for-go color EVERYWHERE in trade for wonderful scents!!! Dmail me and let me know how the family situation is going...was thinking about you the other day.

Chichester, NH(Zone 5b)

My plumeria is blooming.....delicious scent.

Thumbnail by astcgirl
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

astcgirl-love that plumeria!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Hummm....brugs are delish!

Thumbnail by robcorreia
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahhh how pretty both plumie and brugs

Sedalia, MO

My newly spring planted Mr. Lincoln rose has it's first bloom.

Corinthian ~ first blooms are wonderful! (even if they aren't fragrant for me) Doesn't matter if it is the first of the season or the first ever... What color is your rose?

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Chatell...I have never seen a Hoya! Tell me about it! Is it a vine?

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes they're vines....seems with the Hoyas I have - the bloom is either pretty or nicely scented....not sure I have any with both. Here's Bella my favorite to photograph (this is ONE of her cluster like the one I posted above)
Here's a web page - she has MANY photos of the hoyas she owns: http://www.myhoyas.com/hoya%20album%20A.htm

This message was edited May 28, 2008 3:49 PM

Thumbnail by Chantell
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Here's the cluster in its entirety ~ about the size of a half dollar coin

This message was edited May 28, 2008 3:45 PM

Thumbnail by Chantell
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Sweet Almond Verbena, Oh my does this wonderful scent carry all over the yard! This is my favorite fragrant plant!

Thumbnail by Heavinscent
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Cestrum diurnum, It has a light Coco scent that seems to get stronger the hotter and more humid it gets.

Thumbnail by Heavinscent
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I can forget the Brugmansia...

Thumbnail by Heavinscent
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

And the Daturas

Thumbnail by Heavinscent
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I got this from Glen at FSG but lost the tag along the way. It has a light fragrance of lilys.

This message was edited May 28, 2008 3:40 PM

Thumbnail by Heavinscent
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Scentimental Rose

Thumbnail by Heavinscent
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Climbing Fourth of July Rose

Thumbnail by Heavinscent
South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I don't know if this is Podranea or Pandorea vine but it has a light fragrance like cotton candy, very sweet.

Thumbnail by Heavinscent
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Quoting:
Cestrum diurnum, It has a light Coco scent that seems to get stronger the hotter and more humid it gets.

Heavinscent- is that a coco as in chocolate scent or coco chanel scent???

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Its chocolate scented :o)

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Chantell, after I posted I realized there is a whole forum dedicated to Hoyas! It's so strange I have never seen one! Very pretty!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

LOL - ohhh I still find new forums "here" that I didn't know were around....Hoyas are an extremely easy plant to grow!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

oooo, yum!!!

Beware the Hoya addict, they will snag you!!! LOL

Heavenscent ~ may I ask, what it that lovely bloom "from Glen at FSG"? Showing my ignorance here... 8 )

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I'm sorry, Its a trailing Verbena of some kind.

Heavinscent ...
Oooh ... how I'd love to be in your garden right about now. I wish I had more room for all these beautiful plants. I'd never leave my garden. LOL

I have gardenias blooming all over my yard right now. :) They smell heavenly!
~Susan

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Suuuusssannnn.....you simply can't say things like that - we up north are rarely SURROUNDED by gardenias....not fair, I tell you!
Hugs,
Chantell

Oh you'd hate me if you could see them. I have 3 in my back yard and 4 little dwarf across the front that the DH gave me this year for Mother's Day. They already have buds on them. I'll get a couple pics so you can drool over em. grin Just remember ... you have some things I'd * kill for, too. LOL
~Susan

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Hmmmm....why do I find that hard to believe? ^_^ Yes....can't wait to see your pics!!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My one and only rose right now, wonderful traditional rose scent. No idea what kind, it came with the house.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Dahlonega, GA

my little gem magnolia has a bloom,3 more buds to open. very lite lemon scent.my gardenias aren't blooming yet and my plumeria hasn't put leaves on. it had forked last year, this year it got knocked off railing,broke half of one stem off.let it cure four days,planted,rotted.nuts! sally

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.