brick patio fill

Duxbury, MA(Zone 6a)

I am looking for a source for Polymeric Sand In southerm MA-----Boston south. Thank you for any suggestions.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Wish I could help you, blueheron, but I am clueless! Good luck!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm a New York Stater but Hi anyway sorry no clue

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Blue,You usually have to go to your local paver supplier to get the poly sand .....found a place, hope this helps.
http://www.belgardproducts.com/specialty.htm

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Before using this product in freeze zone areas please ask for references to jobs that have gone though five or more winters in your areas and by all means check them out. All patio decks built on earth and mineral bases move with the weather...continually. Rain may need to drop through rather than run off. Joints may need to remain flexible to avoid surface cracks. Get honest maintenance opinion by asking experienced owners.

I took my own advise. We elected to use limestone dust as a joint filler on an antique brick (1850 aprox) surface that was installed using the best of advise available in our area. The high PH of limestone dust eliminates most weeds, rain can drop through and the whole surface can flex without showing cracks.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Doc - that's great advice. We unearthed some ancient bricks and made a small patio in our kitchen garden here at the farm. What a mess with the cracking of the concrete between the bricks.....and weeds coming up between them as well. Where would I find limestone dust? I'm thinking that's my solution.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Your best bet is to question landscapers or hardscape folks in your area. They will know best what is available to you. The common joint fillers here are sand or limestone dust. I have never seen or heard of a product being used to lock up the joints although I know products like that do exist.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Doc!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

What is polymeric sand? I know exactly where Duxbury is, I'm probably closer than a lot of these folks although I am closer to Boston and more of a city mouse.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.