Daily farm journal, Feb. 12

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning. It's time you were out of bed! the thermometer says 20, we got just a frosting of new snow overnight, no wind this morning. Yesterday we had about 24 for a high temp so I went for a ride through the deep snow on Bullwinkle, my long legged horse. He had to work pretty hard, and my toes got cold even in winter boots, so it only lasted about 90 minutes. That's probably equal to 3 hours of regular trail work. I need to have him ready for an endurance ride at the end of March. We ran out of propane to run the shop heater and hope we can get some soon. We've got a lot of paint and other wood finishes and things that don't take well to being frozen, so we hope the co-op truck can make a delivery today. Without near 0* and wind we should be ok. Forecast says cooler tomorrow with wind. Hope all of you had a good weekend.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!