Serendipity Iris - Bridgeville CA

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

I ran across this website today.....

http://www.serendipityiris.com/scripts/default.asp

There is no Garden Watchdog entry for these folks which surprised me as every vendor I've ever looked for has had an entry GWD even though they may not have any feedback. Thought I'd ask here if any of you have ever purchased from them or heard any feedback on them...if so what's your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have.

Brenda

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hmmm................ first time I've ever even heard of them, Brenda. I wonder if they are new. Maybe someone here knows.

I'd suggest - - - If there is an iris (or irises) you see you really want - maybe order a couple. Someone has to be the first one to give feedback - maybe it could be you. If you are not comfortable doing that, then go with the "tried and True" iris gardens.

~Margie

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

out of CA but are they growers or brokers?........

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Hmm, this is the first I've heard of them, too. Just glancing through some of their median pages, I found at least two cultivars listed under the wrong classifications, and at least one photo that is blatantly incorrect (and several more that are suspect).

Laurie

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

That's a good thought, Margie...I don't mind being the first to try someone out and give feedback.

Yup, Jackie they are growers it appears.

Laurie....I do so appreciate your experienced and trained eye. Thank you for taking the time to look at their pages and give me that feedback. I was intrigued by them because of their SDB selections.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Their very first "SDB" selection, 'Alpine Lake', is actually an MDB.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Danger, Will Robinson! Danger! :-P (for those as old as I am) Thx Laurie!

South Hamilton, MA

I checked medians against the median checklist. SDB Fairy Ring is a plicata, not purple. 'Carl & Sissy', 'Hillow' 'Lois Parrish' not SDBs I suspect TB but did not check. IB 'Many Maholos' should be orange. 'Hissy Fit' & 'Kermit' should be IBs, not BBs. 'Calico Cat' & 'Maid of Orange' are BBs, not IBs.
the colors except for the ones mentioned seem to be correct. I think that they need to get Dwarf Iris & Median Iris checklists if they continue to work wirh them.

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Many thanks for all that work, irisMA!!!

Hillow was one that I was looking at. I do notice that their item code indicates it is a TB as does Carl & Sissy and Lois Parrish. I think they are a little haphazard in placing their photos in the different sections on their website since the code indicates TB but all 3 appear under SDBs.

Their discription of Fairy Ring appears to be right but the photo is not. Same with Many Mahalos (wonder what iris their pic is of??? Iove it...very unusual). Anyone recognize this: http://www.serendipityiris.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=48

I emailed them last nite before I posted. Haven't heard back from them, so we'll see what they say.

Thanks to all here on the forum for your advice.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Moonlit Sea?

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Moonlit Sea looks possible. If you like that look, Moonlit Sea would certainly get you there. Buy it from Superstition Gardens, though, where you'll be assured of receiving an accurately identified, historic iris.

Laurie

Lenexa, KS(Zone 6a)

Oh thanx for the name. I do like that one. This year I'm finding I'm falling for the historics. That must be a natural progression in the iris obsession. LOL

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I think it is a natural progression. I love the historics too.

Superstition is not listing Moonlit Sea this year,

I got mine from here, and it was true to name. It bloomed right after I received it.

http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/6262/

Santa Ynez, CA

Hi guys, I think i will give them a try, I will place a small order and see what happens:)There is a place in Idaho, can't think of the name right now, I will later, Tony DeRose I believe is the guy, what a nightmare,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.