Am I Conecrazy?

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I finally found the Double Delight locally so I bought three of them. I was so excited I couldn't even wait until a cooler part of the day to start planting. Temp was in the 90's and very humid when I got home. The place I wanted to plant is very rocky, so I had to use a pick pretty vigorously to open up enough area to be able to add some compost.

Here is a pic of my beautiful DD. It took about 40 minutes to dig the hole and plant just the first one. See those rocks behind it? Those are the ones I took out of the hole. . . just kidding but there were a lot of rocks!

Thumbnail by PeeperKeeper
Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

Your Double Delight is beautiful. And actually, I like the rocks too. Wish I had them. And they provide a nice backdrop to the pink in the flower!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

PeeperKeeper......You are the very essence of "can do".....and that's all I got to say.......:)

I got a buddy like you, he's got more rocks in his soil than you can shake a stick at....but it never stops him, he just keeps on keeping on and his garden is lovely.....but its rocky.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Huntington, WV(Zone 6a)

PeeperKeeper..the dd is very pretty. I got one myself this year. It has yet to produce a bloom. But all things in time. I work at a local greenhouse in the spring and get all my plants at 30% off. I found the DD in a pile of plants from last year and had to fight off paying customers to keep it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.