Revised Edition

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Thought you folks might be interested in this.....It's got lots of good information on coneflowers and this edition includes most of the new cultivars you see these days. It's certainly worth reading if not buying for your gardening library....IMHO.

http://web.mac.com/sinai/Site/Blog/Entries/2008/5/23_Revised_Edition.html

Paul from Alabama

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Now Paul, how can I spend money on a great book when I still need to keep purchasing leaf humus for my new beds...rofl...

thanks again for the reminder. It is a really good book, but I too have checked this out so much from the Library that they asked me why I didn't purchase it so I wouldn't have to keep renewing...lol

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

meadowwyck....For god's sake make up your mind, its either books or manure......of course some books are manure.....:) But in the case of Dr. Armitage's book, well it'd be hard to choose between that book here beside me on the table or a big old pile of composted manure or leaf mold.....You know the manure in the yard of course, not here on the table.......:)

And glad you got a heads up from me on the new book, maybe soon they will have it in libraries near you or at best on loan from other ones....

Paul from Alabama

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I'll never be able to make a decision as long as I want new flower beds, and it is all your fault after looking at your transformation.....LOL

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Paul, never cease to make me LOL! I'll certainly agree that 'some books are manure'! As a matter of fact, that'll probably one of those little phrases that will keep on giving and giving and, .......well, you know;->
Yeah, meadow...renewing is better!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

meadowyck....Yes the tummy tuck did wonders for my waistline and thank you for noticing.......:)

tggfisk...Some phrases do keep on giving and giving.....and there are those phrases that taketh away....Like, "changing to Geico is so easy a caveman could do it", I'm going to throw a beautiful small ceramic statue of W.C. Fields at my TV the next time I hear that commercial.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

*Snicker!* I hate that one, too. Throw WCF once for me!! How about those jewelry commercials where the chicks hit a note that must not really BE a note in real life..."It can only be _______"!!! Usually I can get to the mute button before it happens, but it's still in my brain...

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

tggfisk.....sometimes, i just keep on mute......:)

Paul from Alabama

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Can ya recommend a product that'll clean unwanted jingles from my poor, overcrowded brain? First one who comes up with that one will be a millionaire...and then they'll need a jingle;>

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I hate most of all that gut who comes on and YELLS about Oxyclean or some related product. He should use his indoor voice when he is inside my house!

Carrie

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

None of this matters really, I'll be a millionaire after I help a new best friend I made on the internet get his millions out of Nigeria....He's going to give me 4 million of the 30 we're getting out, all I gotta do is sent him $25,000 up front for some things he feels are necessary before I start spending the millions.....I probably won't be chatting here anymore after my ship comes in, I'll be too busy traveling to exotic places with my new friend from Nigeria that used to work in the Ministry of Trade.......:)

Paul from Alabama, soon to be Paris, that's Paris, France, NOT Paris, Texas.......:)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL he's MY friend too, how curious! What a small world! I'm going to Venice, ITALY, though.

Carrie

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey! He said that he was MY friend...And how come the Oxi Clean guy uses Grecian Formula?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

He does? He was MY friend first, before he left the Congo for Nigeria!!!

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

I love the 'Fight over the Con Artist' game:-)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's a game?

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

My friend from Nigeria is not returning my calls, funny I sent him a cashiers check, it was cashed and now he is hard to get in touch with......I am shocked to say the least.....I hope he hasn't been in an accident......:)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Maybe he moved back to the Congo. I'm sure he's fine.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I bet he moved to Paris, Kentucky....LOL

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL! Or Venice, FL or Athens, OH!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

None of the above.....He just left my house after dropping off 4 million in cash.....with that I'll be able to take care of my mother, my wife and buy a 1/2 tank of gas........:)

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey! I just spent my $4,000,000 and I only got 3/4 of a tank, nothing for my husband, no college for kids, and NO NEW CONEFLOWERS!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

You spend thrift.....:)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's the Scottish blood.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

carrielamont,,,,, I'm ya long lost blood..... wallace be my shield...... how about sharing with thee.....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Well, Clan Wallace, sadly this branch of Clan Lamont just spent all 4 mil on gas, LOL. Care for a stroll by the bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond?

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Lord, its Braveheart come to Dave's.....Let me get my axe and trusty bow...or mower........:)

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Clan MacPaul?

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Sorry I left my tartan at the laundry.....:)...Tartan?, that's right isn't it?....My particular tartan here in Alabama was a feed sack......:)

Paul from Alabama

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Paul you are too funny. I have this picture coming to my mind... Oh my?????? MacPaul in his feed sack tartan...ROFL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.