Any vegetable gardeners out there?

Jenkintown, PA

Hi all - new to DG...I've been chatting in the organic gardening forum - most of the people I've talked to are faacing very differnt climate/growing seasons then me. I see a lot of flower gardeners posting here. Are there any organic vegetable gardening newbies or experts out there?

EC

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I do my best to grow veggies using organic fertilizers and compost. I use whatever seed I can get - so maybe that doesn't count as organic.

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

EC-Until I get my veggie garden ready, which won't be until after planting time, I'm using Earthboxes to grow all of my veggies. The only thing that is going near the veggie garden are the potatoes I'm going to pot up in garbage cans...still need to get 4 more. I try to garden as organically as I can. The only soil amendment I use is green sand, and if/when I fertilize I try and only use fish emulsion/kelp fertilizer. I do compost, and mulch. Waiting for doc to post here. He lives in our neck of the woods and does a bunch of organic things...and has great advice!

Jenkintown, PA

Hemhostaholic - my husband is from Watsontown - we were just out your way for Memorial Day weekend....went to Penns Cave...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.