galls

Dahlonega, GA

i know it's somewhere on this forum and cant find, so can someone tell me if those galls will harm my azzies, i have two small Mothers Day azzies that are about 10 years old and never had problems with any of my 50+other varieties .too many to pick off.anything control those things?

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

digger9083, you may want to investigate what steps you can take to reduce the shrubs' environment's moisture levels in order to reduce the chance of fungal infections. Some simple steps to consider: water the soil (not the leaves) early in the mornings; replace the mulch with new mulch; pick up plant debris that accumulates under the canopy of the plants; allow some separation between plants; remove the galls before they turn white and spread more spores. The link below shows some chemicals that you can use to treat this condition. You should see improvements by next year, not immediately or in the short-term.

Oregon State University Extension Service: http://plant-disease.ippc.orst.edu/disease.cfm?RecordID=86

Dahlonega, GA

i'll give this a try , thank you , sally

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.