Another First Bloom of the Year

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

Here's my first bloom this year. There are over a dozen buds, so I'm looking forward to the summer.

Thumbnail by jomoncon
New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

And here is the entire plant. You can still see the difference in color at the base where I raised it higher in the pot this year. This is my 2nd year with this plant, and it put on about 5" last year. It's going to be really big by the end of this growing season.

Thumbnail by jomoncon
Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Oh, that is one FINE looking plant! Mine should look that nice. I hope after it can go outside, it will fill out some more.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

That is a very beautiful plant.

I currently have 4 in 6 inch pots having just potted them up today. I am planning to move them outside soon. We are having nights in the mid to upper 40's with days in the upper 50's for the low end means. And we are still having more rain than sun.

I hear Adeniums are sensitive to temperatures below 50F or can they overnight cooler than that? And how about daily rain fall?

Rob

New Orleans, LA(Zone 9a)

Rob,
All I can tell you is what I did with mine last winter. Once the temps got around 40 degrees at night, I brought it inside. By that time, most of the leaves had fallen off. I left it on the counter in the kitchen where it received no direct sunlight, and I gave it no water. I brought it outside once the temps got to be over 40 consistently, and put it in sunlight. I didn't start watering it until the first leaves started. I never worry about rainfall. I do water it a lot. Even though these are supposed to be desert plants, I do water mine regularly. Good luck with everything.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

Good to hear from some one in a similar path. I guess I will put them out then, and keep an eye on them.

Thanks for the info.

Rob

Copenhagen, Denmark(Zone 7b)

Indeed a fine looking Adenium.:-) I like the "stocky" appearance.

Best regards,

Martin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.