But that is some fine looking corn!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

thanks

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Is it eating time?

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Yup

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

phicks, mine isn't quite as tall as your's yet......can't wait to see some ears out there! That silver queen is so good I've actually taken it right from the stalk and eaten it raw......yum. Course, we don't use any pesticides either.

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

mmmm...
Is it too late to plant some? I'm jealous.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

you may be able to in CA

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Triple Play...

I've heard that Silver Queen rocks, though. If mine produce this year, I will buy those next!

Thumbnail by Sequee
Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

I put some in this morning; the grocery store here had seeds. The package didn't say how long until harvest...but I'll be hopeful. :-) Thank you.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm gonna plant some too... I still have room, so why not?

Citra, FL(Zone 9a)

Definately - you have a long growing season! I put mine in with cukes and beans - the three sisters. I had planned to do that, but then doubted and now...well, it's worth the try. I won't have much, but then, it's only me and even a half dozen ears will be soooo good.

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

I planted three good size rows of silver queen, and more rows of three other varieties of sweet corn in a newly plowed area of my field. The crows have helped themselves to the sprouting kernels and eaten about 75% of them. They kindly leave the green leaves minus the sprouted kernel on the ground to mock me. Still, I like crows, always have.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Good luck to those of you planting silver queen for the first time and you may never plant any other kind again. I'll also tell you that we aren't the only ones that like it!!.........the squirrels, raccoons, rascals they are. They'll take one ear off, take a few bites, throw it down and go for one more. Or, now I've written this maybe they don't..............LOL.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

If you want to keep the suirrels and some of the other critters from eating your corn, once they have done tassling, take a paper lunch bag and put it over them. The ears wil finish developing under the bag and the critters wil not be having a feast at your expense.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Starlight Bags like the one in my Picture ? Paul

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Sorry Paul.. When I click on yoru pic it still comes up tiny, so if you have lunch bags over your ears, sorry, I can't see them.

That sounds bad, : ) lets try lunch bags over your ears of corn and not your ears.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Starlight

This one will come up bigger, you will be able to see the bag....lol

http://davesgarden.com/photo.php?member=phicks

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Hahahahahahaha... Guess I was right the first time in saying lunch bag over YOUR ears. LOL Cute pic and yep that just what I mean except ya cna use a smaller bag I think ; )

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Nice that the squirrels won't bother your ears, Paul! Very funny!

BTW, did you send me several brug cuttings last year? I'm pretty sure it was you, but the ole gray matter just ain't what it used to be!

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Way to go!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Yup Was Me How Did they do for you? Paul

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I think you send 3 - one got the squishies, but the other 2 are doing great! Thank goodness the Equador White is one of the survivors! I still have them in one-gallon pots. Should they be potted up?

Aren't they cute? The middle one is EW and the one on the right is your Versi Peach.

Thumbnail by Sequee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.