Anyone recognize this little cutie?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It popped up in the bed where I planted the iris I got from the local Iris Society's Rhizome Sale and some DG trades. It was labeled Ask and Receive which is white, so that isn't it. This label confusion may well be my fault because I labeled them all carefully with paper. Then it rained. I relabeled again with metal labels with permanent magic marker, but by then, there may have been enough confusion to create this problem. .
It is only about 16 inches high and looks like an Intermediate Bearded, though it was a strange year for weather and I have plenty of short TB's this year. In fact, that is a problem all over northern New Mexico.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Betty, that is an arilbred! Someone online years ago at "Iris-Photos" posted a picture just like yours. See it below. He thought it was named STARS OVER CHICAGO. Someone else replied said they thought it was actually STARS OVER LPASO

(L. Danielson, R. 1985) Sdlg. L-83-9. AB (OGB), 18" (46 cm), M
S. soft bright tan with hint of lavender at midrib; light violet styles, light tan crests; F. light brown, violet line blaze 1/3 way down; brown beard tipped violet. Stars Over Chicago X Grecian Form. Pleasure Iris 1986

(NOT Stars over Chicago)

Thumbnail by Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I've been looking for this arilbred since I've first seen it. Does anyone know where I can find one?

~Margie

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I knew it was Stars over LPaso because both were blooming and were labeled at one of the Ariltrek garden. Luckily I still had the photos. There is a definite difference.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Margie,

My guess is you'll have to look for a member to make a trade. Seems pretty rare.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I will trade her one when I have more than the one fan I have now, but someone in my local iris club must have them because I acquired mine at the local rhizome sale. I am hoping there will be some at our Aug. 2 rhizome sale. I paid very little for it, I know that. I will be asking around for Margie. I haven't seen it in any of the iris catalogs and I've looked.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Maybe someone in the plantfiles.

I'll keep an eye out… I checked my local grower, no luck.

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thank you, you two. ^_^

~Margie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.