Irises from the coop last year

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

This is Immortality in front, with Violet Blue opening behind it.

Thumbnail by MaryinLa
Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

I planted them around this rock in my front yard

Thumbnail by MaryinLa
Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

Looking good
a big rock is always a drawing point for me in planting .

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Oh boy. I assume these came from the same co-op last year that also sent out incorrectly identified Stepping Out, Brown Lasso, and the unregistered Fashion Fandangle? I really don't want to rain on your bloom parade, but I don't believe that's Immortality. IMM doesn't have the yellow hafts that your flower has. Also, there is no iris registered with the name Violet Blue.

That's not to say that your irises aren't lovely, because of course they are, and they will no doubt grace your yard with beauty for many years to come. It's just that they aren't who you think they are. I'm afraid that co-op supplier has proven to be an unreliable source for properly identified irises.

Laurie

This message was edited May 19, 2008 10:41 AM

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

I will have to look it up

It was this coop

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/610899/

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the info, I got them for the color so the names don't matter much. It would be nice to know the correct name, though, but probably never will.

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

One possibility for the white one is Lacy Snowflake by Schreiner Reg 1976 Intro 1977 38", EM, TB. Ruffled fluted and laced white self. Beard white to lemon white.

Here is a pic of mine.

Thumbnail by Mainer

only buy from old established Iris growers
if name is important .because if you don't ? allot of them are important from Holland and are named wrong never got a rigt ones from wall mart or small catalog places /. With the extras the bigger Co give you allways come out ahead buying from them at higher price
and they will replace if named wrong , witch never happens , except once in blue moon.
" KNOW YOUR SELLER "

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Your so right Tazzy. I always state my source when I trade for that reason.

South Hamilton, MA

It's good to know the correct names as you may wish to pass them along to others when they need dividing later on & people may wish to know what they have. Your rock makes a lovely centerpiece.

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

Well, since this morning, the noid "violet blue" has opened. Anybody got any ideas?

Thumbnail by MaryinLa

best bet ???

Marshfield, MO(Zone 6a)

I guess I will know if it reblooms, lol. It didn't bloom first year, so this is first time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.