Harper's Birthday - Part 6!

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/828587/

Thumbnail by PrimroseSue
The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the new link, Sue.

Laurel ~ you must have the strongest spirit I know!! You rock!

Happy Birthday HARPER!!!!!!!
(Love the 'Party Central' graphic)

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

P-A-R-T-Y-! PAR-TY,PAR- TY! (I can vaguely remember some kind of 80's chant syncopated thing going like that. It doesn't translate well.) Happy Birthday Harper!

Upper Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 5a)

Just catching up on the thread. Laurel - so sorry about the damage to your house from the fallen tree. I hope the clean-up and repair are going well. Eleanor

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Hey, I'm open to all kinds of conversation here. It gets boring fast if we talk about me! Laurel, I also admire your resilient spirit. It's just money, right? I'm glad you are okay. Hugs and love to you. You're not alone my friend!

Harper

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I just wrote a DGer that the adjuster switched from "Laurel" to "Mrs" when he heard the chimney quote. That can't be a good sign, can it? I thought he was going to be my new BF :>). What will happen when the roof news comes. Stay tuned.

Harper...did I see an old thread where you said you grew up in the Bronx? My Dad grew up on Gun Hill Rd. and went to Evanderchild High. Boy is he ever a Yankees fan! Anyway, I think it's been a while since I sent BD wishes your way. Cut a rug (or design one).

Eleanor, thanks for tapping some kind words in my direction. There will probably be no cleanup for weeks. There was a lot of damage throughout the area. The tree is off the roof though.

Carrie, I love to party but am too old for the night life and the syncopated chanting.

If ya'll were wearing my stomach you would know that I'm not really very resilient. I'll share more in a few days. Thanks for the friendships and support. Now...get out there and weed your gardens!

L

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Hi Laurel,

I didn't grow up in the Bronx, I grew up in rural New Jersey. I did live in the Bronx for six years, though, before moving into my house here in Putnam County. I have a lot of good memories from that place.

Glad the tree is off the roof.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Night life? You ever see me post past 9pm? It's not because I'm out partying!! It's because I'm out cold. Actually, DH gets up for work at 2 am on Fri and Sat mornings, so Thursday and Friday nights we go to bed really early and then spend the rest of the week trying to get over it. I do sometimes post very early on Friday or Saturday nights. This a mild mannered party we're having here.

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Harper!

The sun is shining brightly on Harper's birthday this morning.
Happy birthday, girlfriend.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Don't worry, Carrie, it's the party attitude that matters!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Good night everybody. Party on. Happy Birthday, Harper!

Hey there. Happy Memorial Day weekend Birthday!!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, Happy Day Harper and ALL the May birthdays (seems like there have been a lot, Kassia and Thom and more I can't remember and then four or five people in my family). Anyone doing anything special for the long weekend?

Planting and BBQ-ing and planting and BBQ-ing and sleeping. How about you, Carrie?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Today both girls had eye doctor appointments, and then I bought DD#1 a dress to wear under her graduation robe. Then we argued about money. Then DH gave her $80 to reimburse her BF for the her share of the limo. DD#2 is graduating from 8th grade but thank goodness all SHE's worried about is that she got a B+ one term in 6th grade which disqualified her from the good grades award. Tomorrow we're going out to dinner to celebrate family birthdays in May - we do them all on one day. Monday, nada. I probably have to take somebody shopping for something. Blah blah blah.

Sounds way too busy for me.
I remember those emotional graduation days, too. They can be very tiring and draining. So eat well and keep your strength (and your guard) up. Best wishes to the graduates!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Don't forget Senior Prom. (I hope you heard the background music.) What a disaster about to happen. Looming. . .

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Hey everybody! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I agree Candyce! Best wishes to the graduates.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yeah, Happy Birthday Harper. Today I was Mom's Taxi.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I send grad wishes too for all you parents and grands. What a special time with lots of proud tears.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Yup. You got it. This is #5 and #6 for DH, so he is not that impressed, but I am sniffling every minute. The kids don't "get it" either.

My #3 DD did get it, and warned me ahead of time to not embarrass her with my tears and sobs! Of course, she was my last 'baby', and the only way I was NOT going to cry was to be focused on getting just the right photos of the whole event. NOW, I cry over the photos!! It's been four years since then, and I get all misty-eyed.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm not sure what I meant when I wrote that last night! I guess they don't get that it is nearly as emotional a time for a mother (or father?) as it is for a daughter.

Gotta wish my friend Harper a Happy Birthday again.
Happy Birthday, Harper.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday, Harper!

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat
Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

He he. I feel so silly. Thanks Candyce and Cat!

It's been a great birthday so far, hasn't it Harper?

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Happy last day of May, Harper, as long as we're partying!

Party on!

(and on ... and on ... and on!!)

We've just GOT to keep this going!
Happy June 3rd Birthday, Harper! I mean, Happy Birthday, again, on June 3rd.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hey, I'm partying, I haven't stopped! Happy birthday, Harper!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, Harper - I am sooooo sorry I wasn't able to post my happy continuous birthday wishes to you . . . I am a poor traveller, and I am still recovering from jet lag - and I only travelled to the West coast.

Anyway - Happy Birthday!

Hi Primrose!

Welcome back, Michaela!!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Welcome back Michaela! How was your trip?

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

We've missed you, Michaela! Glad you are safely home and hope the trip was great. Tell, tell!

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Happy getting-closer-to-your-real birthday, Harper!

Hi, Michaela!

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I know, and it's gonna be the big FOUR-O

With you guys and these threads, it feels like I'm 39 forever.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

(Is that good or bad?)

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

I'm not sure yet! I'll let you know.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.