longwood trip

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Even though I usually hang out with all the Northeasteners.... I met a bunch from the Midatlantic forum at Longwood Gardens yesterday.
Check out pics if you want.
You can just ignore my photo in the group pic I still have 20lbs of "baby fat" to lose!!!!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/850074/

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Looks like a wonderful day.
I went to Longwood years ago and was amazed at the scale of everything. When we were there they were changing the "cactus" garden and had a small bulldozer going in and out of one of the windows at ground level.
Isn't it wonderful what making Gunpowder has left us to enjoy?
I believe that's how DuPonts got started.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Beautiful photos, Jen. We all know your real home is in this forum!^_^

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yeah, I felt real guilty hanging out with another group, HEE HEE, I kept thinking I don't really know these people. We had a awseome time with the very, very sweet folks from the midatlantic forum.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I love longwood. I am from NJ originally and have been there many times. Each time is different and just as much a treat.
Martha

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Beautiful. Looks like all had a wonderful time. Have to say I am a little jealous and I love that cat. Thanks for showing us all the pretty sights and scenes.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I'll be in the area in August - and reading today's article and looking back to this thread - I may have to go.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Wow, I wish I knew you were going. I would've come along! I've been longing to visit Longwood Gardens for some time now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.