Azalea ID needed

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I picked up two of these at home depot the other day... they did not have tags.... they were found in the green house section.. just wondering if they might not be hardy to my zone

Thumbnail by onewish1
southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

ught ohhhh. Be, careful with those! off hand, they look like florist azaleas. Which can be hardy, but it takes some patience getting them to adjust. I'll try to remember to go through the "big azalea book" tomorrow and see if anything strikes a tune for me. Hopefully someone else out there knows off the top of their head!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

they are inside under my lights for now... but thank you in advance for looking it up for me

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I think many of the florist azaleas are less hardy, so in zone 6 they may not make it unless you bring them in for the winter.

ok, so I don't know exactly what kind it is for sure. But, it is one of the Belgian Indica azaleas, just meaning that it definitely is a florist azalea. Likely on ly hardy to zone 9. That one might be one called "gay peree" (sp) or Albert Elizabeth". Good luck with that.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL.... thank you though.... could be interesting

that's for certain! It is very pretty though!

Hey onewish, Ya know I was just over at that other thread..."what have you bought already"..... or something like that. That other azalea there posted by pixie that looks similar to yours, it's a florist azalea too :-( i hope that they're not trying to pass off all these things as hardy azaleas! I'm tempted to go over to our Home Depot here and see if they are doing that. some kinds can be hardier, but they're still a pain to adapt the... the world outside!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes it was Pixies that made me scope these out.... oh well.. just have to see what happens

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You said yours was in the greenhouse section, right? At least it sounds like they're being honest about what it is if they've got it there rather than in the outdoor garden section.

Either way, it's going to be pretty for a while.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yeah... it was in the greenhouse.... i will see what happens.... just hate to kill $7.99 x 2 plants.... but I think I am going to keep em and see what happens

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.