Have you seen our interest thread on hardy fuchsias?

Raleigh, NC

I'm trying to see if there is enough interest in a fuchsia co-op to merit locating a vendor. I personally visited Monnier's Country Gardens www.monnierscountrygardens.com last year and was blown away by the plant health, exceptionally clean, tidy, well organized and marked greenhouses. The plant selection, types and colors, were to die for. But I'm open to other vendor suggestions.

However, I'm no expert on fuchsias, nor master gardener, nor am I experienced on co-ops. Looking for some experts, possibly someone else to host other than me, or co-host, and possibly a vendor closer to me or a host closer to this vendor in Oregon.

Looking for input here, folks. If I do this link wrong, you can google Monnier's Country Gardens. The website is not elegant, but read the "about" section, so you have a good idea what I saw there, and check out the plant selection. Last May I was there, and 3 to 4" pots were costing me $3.5-$8 RETAIL as I recall. (last years price - everything is more this year)

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

bonjon, I would be interested in participating. I don't even know if they will grow out here, but I have always loved fuchsias and am willing to give it a go. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the co-op particulars to help. Keep me in mind, though - please.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha Bonjon, I too love Fuchsias, and I too know they would do very poorly for me with our constantly warm temps. Wish I could help with the Co-op for you but I am afraid the plants would take a beating coming all the way to Hawaii, and then going through inspection back to the Mainland...

Good luck with your venture, if you do get some, please post pictures so that those of us who can't grow them can enjoy them too! Have you posted on the Co-op forum to see if there is any interest?

By the way, there is a great Co-op going on for gardening gloves right now....I have put my order in for 6 pairs, check it out, they are wonderful gloves!

Aloha,

Jenny

Raleigh, NC

sorry - didn't realize this forum would bring in those so far from me. Don't think we could get a decent price break for you on the shipping!

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 11)

Hi, BonJon,
LOVEthe fushias, They perform like champions in our Hot weather and like shade. They are a dream! Possibly the most popular trop plant in California of the "Hanging, porch" variety. They love shade, Heat, and a daily (depending on your humidity) spray of water.
Try this........
creativemuse.etsy.com · Cached page
Rose of Sharon Florist Blog: My Father's Day Gift
But, alas, I received three very beautiful, and loved fushias for Father's Day, 2007. Fusias have been a favorite of mine since we were first married and living in a rental home ...

blog.roseofsharonflorist.com/2007/06/21/my-fathers-day-gift.aspx · Cached page
fuchsia hardy
BAMBOU DU BOIS is a nursery of collection of bamboo, fuchsia and camelia

www.bamboudubois.be/anglais/fushias.html

Thumbnail by LApalms

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.