SHARE YOUR POT PLANTINGS FOR PORCH AND PATIO

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Here is our early summer stacking flower pot. We eat some of it and enjoy the intermixed flowers.

Thumbnail by docgipe

Potted plants nicely developing. Good example here of breaking the rule of thumb to try and have all pots in a grouping the same color. It does look a little strange.

This message was edited Jun 23, 2008 10:40 AM

Thumbnail by docgipe

It's never to late to plant just one or two more somethings.

Thumbnail by docgipe
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Thom,Too funny. but it matches the foundation shrubs. I'll bet they line up their medicine bottles in the cabinet by height.

The Fuzzy plant in the post is lotus vine hybrid 'amazon sunset' common name parrot's beak . Patti

This message was edited Jun 23, 2008 10:49 AM

belleville, NJ(Zone 6a)

o - i was asking about lotus vine on another thread awhile ago! It's the one i want to take the flowers off because i just like the foliage... i'm so glad someone else has some...

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Amy, I cut buds off several plants that I have as I love the foliage, but not the flower. I don't mind the orange on this one as it is planted with colors that should work, but if not, off with their heads! I am all with you about doing that. Patti

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

You sound like the Red Queen, Patti, "Off with their heads!" FYI, people, I have met both Patti and Amy and neither of them is the slightest bit like Alice's Red Queen.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Carrie, you are too kind, I will refrain from doing anything nasty just so your imagine of me shall not be tarnished. Patti

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Here's my tubs for late June

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

and another front door tub w/ Cannas,million bells and big red coleus,not very impressed w/ this coleus.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub w/ coleus Glory, will use it next year

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

had to move some tubs , better view of the fountain

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

number three with red asiatic about to bloom

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

tub 5 look at that Cosmos go Youuusaah

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have 12 tubs but will only show the highlights Here is tub 10 Neuguinies,dwarf Platycodon, lobelia

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

artsyfartsy container with Neuguinis, Watermelon Coleus a great plant, and Wishbone trailing purple

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I promise the last Flying Colors ,White Wishbone and Campanula Blue Falls

Thumbnail by ge1836
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

all looking good

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Ge1836, Nice growing and selection. You are waaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of my season. Patti

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I can't believe it. These are annuals in a protected deck so maybe that's the reason plus we compost houshold waste and leaves and stuff.
Annuals grab onto that stuff and shoot for the stars.

Back there in those stacking pots are my favorite herbs, onions and mixed flowers. A few holes are still unplanted or the onions are about to be eaten making another pot available. It's a happening on the patio right up near to the kitchen door. One thing for sure those herbs will not run away with the garden this time. Pinch, pinch and pinch.

I really enjoy the mix to get some eaten pickens as well as flowers.

Back to the stacking pots......I have 21 pots in the one stack and 15 in the smaller stack. In all 36 pots all with at least one planting.....some with two. This alone really gives me more patio space than I ever had around the edges at any time in the past.
.....We are finishing off a whole pound of spring onions as we speak. The herbs are up to first pinching and we have been eating lots of lettuce.

I really enjoy watching all of your pots develop. This is the first year I really ever played with more than half a dozen pots. Been stealing ideas right and left from all of you.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

do you have supports in the middle of them... or are they sturdy enough by themselves?

Supports?? I have a support in the one larger patio tomato. That's all to date.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

didn't realize those large stacking pots were so sturdy... i have small three tired ones.... good to know

Oh! Now I understand. No center supports in the stacking tubs. I did get the bottom water trays with wheels for the one set. Wheels are on order for the second stack. If center support was needed the bottom trays would not be in play because the bottom tray has no center hole. It is a spare water tub of sorts.

My stack has withstood thirty five to forty five mile per hour winds with no problem. When they were empty they would not! We have them located with a bit of protection from the prevailing winds. We never gave them exposure to full open prevailing winds.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

that was my first thought when I looked at them... my un-level ground .... and wind... knocking the whole thing over

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Coleus & Begonia

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Fourth of July basket....was getting iffy if it would be red, white and blue by the 4th....looks like it will be!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

The Begonia you can't see.....lovely Peach one form a co-op.

Thumbnail by pixie62560
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

aaaaahhhhh Pixie the first one just won my heart..... my favorites!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.