SHARE YOUR POT PLANTINGS FOR PORCH AND PATIO

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I like Glory!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Sounds like I need to apologize for calling them containers! What a faux pas. (Would you pass the jelly?!)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I started on DG in the Containers Garden forum, containers are OK with me.
here is May and June with two of them, wish I could make one of these darned things that didn't get cut short.
You get the idea.I like to see the growth and changes in the pots so I start in May and go to September.

Thumbnail by ge1836

Are most of the coleus from Rosy Dawn, Jo Ann?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

All of them are from RD and next year I will be more organized and put in one order.
I had no idea where the new gardens were going to be at this time, I wilsh I had doubled my order and when I went back to lurk and look ,they had closed the shop for the season.
It takes me awhile to trust mail order nurseries but this place is definatly my fav.
I am givingsecond thoughts to Bluestone as per your comments, I had two more orders come and the peanut thing alone puts me over the top. I have both hips replaced so bending over to pick up those drifting suckers isn't fun. I ordered Iris and a butterfly bush from Garden Crossings and see what you mean. Pay a bit more but get bigger plants. I needed a jungle knife to open the Bush, it was three feet high and is doing well where I planted it, it's the verigated one with cream to orange blooms.Gunna look great.

Great. I gave Rosy Dawn a big thumbs up on the forum after my order last year. I had found them just by searching. Don't think I even checked GW before ordering. I never got to order this year but will next year.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the glory would look great with flame thrower

http://www.rosydawngardens.com/flame-thrower-81.html

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I ordered this and last year Victor.... both years were fantastic... can't say enough about them

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

OUCH BABE yes the orangy edge would set glory off great.Its on the list for next year.I definatly see why keep ing a garden journal is important.
Can't wait until next year when I will fill in perennial beds with coleus.
Wish I had the room to make cuttings to hold over cause my bill at RD will be huge. I also fill 11 containers,he he he.
I think I heard about them from Pirl.

I like coleus in the beds too. I also like to stick pots with coleus in them in the beds with coleus in the ground nearby. It 'flows'.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Would home made beach plum do for you Victor ? I always call them containers too, but deck garden sounded so much nicer especially when they look as good as Ge1836's do.
I have some coleus that wintered over nicely in the GH. I took cuttings and started a mess more. I picked up a few new ones this year too. Great fillers. Patti

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I do have a lot from Rosy Dawn, Glasshouse Works, Cape Cod, some from seed (two varieties from Park's) and some from a local nursery growing in pots and in containers, ge and Victor. Many ideas are to be found in Fine Gardening's Container Gardening and on the Container Gardening forum. It's amusing to think of Fine Gardening or DG having "Pot Gardening"! Gives rise to other thoughts!

Flame Thrower is in my Kitchen Hosta Garden and looks lovely there. Probably would look better with some sun but it was N/A when I just took these photos. We added over 100 coleuses to our gardens this year.

Thumbnail by pirl

Chantilly

Thumbnail by pirl

It does stand out though, Pirl. I got a few coleus from Michel's this year.

Florida City Yalaha

Thumbnail by pirl

I waited too long until ordering time was over for Mischel's and lived to regret it.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Gee wizz...............I was all fired up to play coleus for the first time this year. Unfortunately Plumeria Galleries has evaporated with my bucks. All I have are two local coleus which shall have to be enough for this year. I posted a negative on this firm. That didn't even wake them up.

I had ordered from her in January and asked her to ship in mid April and she never contacted me after we originally made the arrangements. Then, when I emailed her and told her I was cancelling the payment with PayPal she shipped but I refused to accept them.

If you paid by credit card they should reverse the charges, Dwaine.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Unfortunately if the vendor fails to satisfy the charge reversal it comes right back to me anyway with substancial added service charges. I deem it to risky chasing bad money with quite possibly more bad money. For the amount of money I lost I can give them some real good advertising. :))

Sorry. I think I did report on Garden Watchdog but will check and make sure of it.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

kong coleus are getting huge

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

begonias are getting big... no blooms yet

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

this one is the same

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

shouldn't have put the zinnia in there... oh well

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the little metal pots that are brightly colored... they have hangers that you are supposed to hang them off a deck rail... didn't realize ours are too wide... honey said he can modify them for me though

:)

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

moving down the wall

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

a bit more

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

down further

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

last one of this spot

Thumbnail by onewish1
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

WOW.....you went container crazy!!!! I love it, all the colors , shapes, sizes, you were a very busy bee weren't you?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes and most of those pots came from my honeys step dad.... he works for ups... and delivers to one of the huge sky scrappers in NYC.... they do trade shows and he gets all the stuff they are not wanting to take back with them for free.. I get a new stash every year.... gotta love it... I know they don't match... but for free... I WILL TAKE EM

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I don't blame you at all, I would too!

Very nice, Allison - but lots of watering!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Allison I love the Kong Coleus.
I plan to buy "Large Marge" next season just for the name.
What a HOOT.

Questa, NM(Zone 5b)

Jo Ann, Arlene and Allison, they're wonderful!!

Arlene, I especially love that red Florida City in front of the blue-grey statue. Yum!

Great work, Allison. Sounds like your honey is a wonderful honey indeed.

Thanks, Harper. I like it there, too.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

here is a few more... the clay pots are going up on the shed IF and WHEN it gets done

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I think these are the kim bicolor or tequila sunrise snaps.... not sure... what a great color huh?

Thumbnail by onewish1
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

You call that "a few"? I call that a lot! You've really been busy, Allison.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I like planting in pots sooooo much better then digging up all those rocks in my ground... so much easier on the wrist

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.