Vigna Caracalla success!!

North Augusta, ON

I did it, I managed to get it to survive through the winter. Kept him in a sunny South window. Now that spring has sprung so has this vine. If only it warms up before it completely consumes my dining room!!

Thumbnail by threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

Are those buds forming at the leaf joints maybe?

Thumbnail by threegardeners
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

WTG!!

Nassau County, NY(Zone 7a)

what kind of vine is it?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Congratulations!!

North Augusta, ON

Thanks!!

I'm still not sure if I want to put him outside this summer or leave him right where he is...

This is what he'll look like someday(I hope).

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1884/

I love those blooms, they look so tropical and delicate. If you leave it inside, will it bloom? Clem

North Augusta, ON

I sure hope so!!!

keep us posted, good luck!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

In awe AND drooling....wowzers!!

Pretoria, South Africa

Hi threegardeners,

It may be buds forming, but the plant sometimes decide to grow new shoots from there-you will be able to tell within the next few days. The buds actually grow at an alarming rate.

I have never tried growing mine indoors, so can't help you there. Keep us updated.

Elsa

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Elsa - do you remember how long it takes to see "life" when you plant seeds? I so want one of these!! I planted the seeds about a month ago.

Pretoria, South Africa

Chantell, it took so long when I planted mine that I almost lost any hope of them germinating. Last summer I started some for my sister, but decided to try nicking them like I do my MG seeds, and that seemed to help a bit. I left the nicked seed in some water (changed daily) until I could see a little root starting to protrude. Only then did I put it in potting soil.

Let me know if you need some seeds. Have a few from this past season.

Elsa

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Elsa - you are ALWAYS so kind!! These were the seeds you'd sent me...I did slightly nick them and soaked them for about 24 hrs in warm water/peroxide mixture. But still not seeing "life" - if you do have extras maybe I can dmail you if I don't see anything over the next week or 2. Would that be ok?

Pretoria, South Africa

Sure, you are more than welcome. It's always a pleasure to share...

Elsa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.