The two prawns

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7b)

One day, two prawns, Christian and Cecil, were drinking at the Coral Bar, discussing things that prawns discuss. One of the topics was the local shark population, on whose diet was prawns.
"I wonder what life would be like as a shark." said Cecil. "It would be interesting to find out what it's like to be the enemy. Don't criticize it until you tried it, you know!"
"Well, I don't know how that can be done." said Christian. "I'm sure I wouldn't want to be a shark."
As the two friends left the bar, a huge bolt of lightning from the tropical storm raging above the surface hit the sea next to where Cecil was swimming. Lo and behold, he found that he had turned into a shark.
"Wow" he thought, "So now I can actually find out what life is like as a shark. No more cowering in crevices, afraid of being eaten, able to swim far and wide. It's fantastic!"
As time went on, he discovered that, not surprisingly, all his old prawn friends were not interested in talking to him. He gradually became more and more lonely, and started pining for his old way of life.
"Oh, how I wish I could become a prawn again, and be able to talk to my old friends. I wonder if another lightning bolt could change me back to being a prawn?"
A couple of days later, as a storm blew in from the far horizon, a large lightning strike hit the sea's surface next to Cecil.
Flash, bang, and he was once again a prawn.
"Oh, yes!" he cried. "now I must swim back to the bay, and meet my friends again. They won't believe what has happened. I can't wait to tell them!"
A day's fast swim brought him back to the bay where he had spent all his life as a prawn, and he immediately went to Christian's home, an old conch shell. As he knocked on the shell, he called out "I'm back, it's Cecil."
"Oh no, I'm not falling for that old shark trick." called out Christian. "If I come out, you'll eat me."
"I won't, I promise. Please come out and we'll go and celebrate at the Coral Bar!"
"No, no, I don't believe you. You were a shark when I last saw you, and I know what tricks sharks will play to get a meal.
“Just go away!" Christian screamed.

Cecil returned with:

"I'm not a shark any more ......
... I'm a prawn again, Christian!"

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!