Ostridge topiary

Beaumont, TX

He's made of copper. Just odds and ends. I thought I had a body basket already I could use I'd made years ago but I couldn't find it when the urge struck this evening so I made another one. This one is made of wire so it holds the sphagnum moss better then the one I intended to cheat and use anyway. It'd have needed a coconut liner in it. I really like him, but wish his neck had had one more bend. I was afraid that I'd kink the copper pipe so I didn't attempt it. Maybe I will on the next one. Naturally, Janet's gonna have to have one too. :)
I drove rebar in the ground and slipped his legs over them to hold him so I don't loose any leg height. I'll need to get some longer rebar tho as I want him to be steady. I used a couple I had already laying around for the pictures.
Here is is neckid.

This message was edited May 14, 2008 8:19 PM

Thumbnail by maidentheshade
This thread has 36 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!