Good luck, Carol!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

I know you will be taking off for Oahu either today or tomorrow for the tests before the BIG day! I am thinking good thoughts for you, and you will be in my thoughts every step of the way...No one could possibly go into the operating room with a better attitude than you have, and I think that goes a long way for a sucessful outcome.

Do let us know how you are doing as soon as you are up to it....

Love,

Jenny

Keaau, HI

Best wishes and aloha!

Dave

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Dear Carol, I shall keep you in my prayers and you are so right Jen, her excellent attitude will spearhead her towards recovery.
God bless you, Carol.
~Jaye

Good luck!

mulege, Mexico

Thinking positive thoughts for you to have a successful operation and a wonderful recuperation.

katie

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Good luck and hope it goes well!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Carol, even though we've been chatting on dmail, want to wish you best of luck and want you strong and healthy form my next vacation *hint* which is in Sept over labour day. :)
I know a couple of people who've had similar surgery and they both say it was the best choice they ever made, and wished they'd have done it sooner!
xxxxoooo
Rj

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

You guys are just DEAR!!! Thanks. Randy...I will be watching you play volleyball and be the fastest beer supplier there!!! (when you come in September...wink). Of course I am - eh - apprehensive at this point...but if i weren't I wouldn't be normal, eh? The tough part will be making myself NOT do everything. My sister is coming to nail my feet to the floor end of the month.... Will post when I get near a computer...probably early next week when I at Ted and Dorothy's ...

I just got the most wonderful DVD - Men of Hula. I saw the program on PBS - it is about the Hula Halau (= school) of Robert Casimero who took his men to the Merry Monarch Festival in 2005 and won every category for men AND the overall. It is inspirational. The men are all ages 18 to 50+ who defied stereotipifying "Oh, he must be 'mahu' then" and went on to be the best male dancers around. If you go to www.pbs.org you can see a short video preview, read about WHY the film maker decided to make the film etc.

A hui hou, mes enfants...a la prochaine....

Carol

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

As I have already told you, sweetie, my heart is with you all the way. Know success is at your doorstep. Right behind you. Let us hear as we will all be waiting to hear from our cheerleader.

Love you a lot,

Princess Kilikina

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL
Please don't over do it. I have spent 2 weeks looking in on a friend who "overdid it" after his kidney biopsy, and it landed him in ICU for a week, and is still in the hospital as we speak. So..read my lips...NO OVER DO ITS! Forbidden!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

nah...I am almost to the point where i am not obsessing over the weeds that need round-up and the plants that need pruning (all of them), fertilizing (all of them)...see how good I am. I have let go. They will still be there requiring the same things when I can do it. I just may cut all of the brugs down to a 1' trunk, send the cuts to Jaye and ask Beulah to peel me another grape!!!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Best wishes!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Carol, don't you worry about the cuttings. Please let go on that too!!
For a whole year, I let go of my garden, just to take all the time to recover.

Sembah Sayang,
Jaye

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll come and weed for you...lol

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

How loving...all of you!!!!

Sembah Sayang

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

You are an easy person to love. Bring a lot to all of us.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Carol, with all these good wishes and positive thoughts, no need to be apprehensive, but then I spose you wouldn't be human without them right about now. We all look at the same sky at night, the same moon, and share the same fears. All this positive thinking will be filling that sky with a river of light - all for you. We all will wait to hear that you are healing rapidly and missing us terribly!!

Be well, be brave, be HUGGED!!!

Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

This may be a little late, but none the less sincere, "Our prayers are with you Carol, GET WELL SOON!"

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Amen to both of your messages.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Carol,
Got your package last night! I was doubly thinking about you today as I was planting goodies!.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Aloha to all of you!!!! First day on the computer in a week...!!! Surgery went swimmingly well...Kaiser Hospital is a joke!!! (no hot water but no one is worried!!!), food sucked, only nurseses to help me move were teeny tiny asians and usually pregnant...OH well. The surgery was successful, I hurt like an SOB but getting stronger and stronger. Now home with my puppies and loving DH. Christi...DO IT!!!! I am really glad I got extra healthy with all the good stuff in my system...I think it made a difference.

I felt all of your love and hugs wafting out to me and the sunny gentle tradewinds!!!!

Yokwe/Aloha/Sembah Sayang.....

Carol

YAY! Great news!! Welcome back home (both your physical home and your DG home...)

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Waiting for my doc to call as we "speak". Sooo glad it is over for you. What kind of a hospital doesn't have hot water? At least Baylor Hospital is state of the art in every manner. We have missed, missed, missed you. Is it only a week? Seems like a month. Thelma, Louise, and Bob will see that you want for nothing and all that petting will get you better, faster.

wooowowowowowo!!! Carol is Home!!!!!

mulege, Mexico

Great news, Carol. Take it easy now and let yourself recover.

katie

Keaau, HI

Welcome back! Glad you are well!

Aloha a nui, Dave

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

You can't know how warm and loving it feels to be home. Louise just can't let me out of her sight!!!!!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Welcome Back!!!!
^_^

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Glad your doing well !
I received my package the day you went into surgery. Everything is planted and doing well.
There was one thing I didn't know what it was. It's basically a large green stick with some roots. I'm not sure how that was suppose to be planted or what it is.
I've got the banana in a half day sun..seems to be doing just fine. Have it in a pot for now until it gets strong.

Already planted some Ti seeds per instructions

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

So happy you're home Carol! I hope you are a little more comfortable now in the donation site.

Say Aloha to your sister, I am sure you guys are going to have fun together, just don't get into too much mischief!

Christi, have you heard from the doctor yet? Does he think you are a candidate for a similar op?

Aloha to all,

Jenny

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

No one called back. He does epidurals on Fridays so will have to wait until Monday.

Candella is an RN for spine surgery. Can you believe it. She d-mailed and will help me through this.

Can hardly walk 25 feet tonight.

Sorry, Carol, Sweetheart. This is about you, not me.

Louise knows who counts. Will pray for you that your pain will quickly go away.

I love you very much,

Christi

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

AlOOOha, Carol! Welcome home!!! So glad to hear that the surgery went well, even though it sounds like the hospital was an adventure! But then, with all your traipsing around the world you should be used to that...maybe they were just trying to make you feel comfortable? Ha! Anyway, such really good news that you are back with Bob and the girls, and with your sister to help with recuperation. I will echo Jenny - don't get into too much mischief right away, let yourself heal.

Happy thoughts comin at you from Kwaj!

Yokwe,
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Ditto Shari...and SOOOOO glad everything went well! Get well SOON! Good to have you back!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Christi...this is about friends!!!! You WILL get to the point....and we wil all be there for you....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.