Lebanon, OR

Pink Latte
Aitken 2006
SDB

Lebanon, OR

lets try again for above

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Lovely blooms. Cnadian kisses is very delicate looking. Like Cat's Hat coloring for an IB. Hustle is like that in SDB form.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

I love the colors on Pink Latte and Absolute Joy.

Dee, since I have read on other threads that you've been working on your photographic technique, I hope you won't mind if I offer a pointer or two. On the Absolute Joy pic, it appears that the forwardmost fall on that bloom is cupped upward. You can easily fix that by pressing the dimple out with your finger from underneath the fall, allowing the edge of the fall to tip downward (like the righthand fall in that pic) to reveal the fall form and color to your camera lens. Also, you can minimize the visual distraction of large drops of water by puffing short bursts of air onto the petals to dislodge the drops and make them fall off.

Laurie

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Gorgeous iris, Dee. Thanks for the tips, Laurie. I was just getting ready to go out and photograph an iris with a curled up edge on its fall. I will try what you recommend to get it to uncurl. Feel free to give me pointers whenever I post iris. I am even newer at this than Dee!

Lebanon, OR

This is FireCoral taken this morning and it is better.

I had shook AJ but right after I took the picture decided it needed more off but it broke.:( I had tried to pop the dipple but did not work on this one, and it is last bloom for this year.

Thank you for the pointers Laurie

Have been working on photography big time this year and think you will all see the differance later this year and all next year took all at highest resoluation as well.

D

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Fire Coral is really lovely.

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Love fire coral.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful Dee, thanks for sharing again.

Lebanon, OR

You are all welcome

Thank you as always

D

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Oh so lovely!!! I especially like Pink Latte. Wish we could grow those cute little SDBs here. (sigh!)

~Margie

Lebanon, OR

I am lucky:) as working with SDB and BB more and more...

Only one TB in bloom no BB yet, but tomorrow and next 4-5 days suppose to break all records and get to 90...+

D

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

You can learn so much reading these post! My favorite is Cat's Hat. Is there a special name for the speckling on the fall?

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

The speckling is just part of the plicata pattern.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.