Any intermediate bearded Iris blooming?

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

My first intermediate bearded Iris started bloooming today. This is Appleblossom Pink from Wandaflowers. I think it may be the only IB one I have. What other ones do you have?

susan

Thumbnail by lincolnitess
Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

I have Raspberry Acres blooming

Thumbnail by cbrandenburg
Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

Red Zinger

Freedom, PA(Zone 6a)

Low Ho Silver and End Zone is going to bloom soon.

Lebanon, OR

IB's showing up but not the BB yet

D

South Hamilton, MA

We are behind all of you, although some stalks are appearing. Intro. SDBs are finally coming along--have discarded a batch of yellow seedlings.

Lebanon, OR

Lucy that is still hard to believe! SDB at peak, IB started, one BB, one TB, one Sib and several species

IBs bloomed or blooming Winged Angel,Waxen Image,
starwoman, Storm Song, Ruby Slippers, Oklahoma Bandit just to mentioned a few

D

South Hamilton, MA

The coming weekend is often our peak SDB time. Not this yr. Gardens south & west of Boston are ahead of us & farther along.

Lebanon, OR

Well we are usually about 1/4 to 1/3 in TB bloom and I have ONE in bloom, and that is CRAZY! Usually just a few SDB would be in bloom but this year, with Oregon having the coldest, wettest April in history, we are 3 weeks or more behind.

Our show is this weekend and I hope I have any TB for the show...might have IB and BB and Siberians so go figure

D

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Red Zinger gets my vote. Love the deep color.

Susan

South Hamilton, MA

Dee--Maui Mango is showing color--tip of the bud looks gold instead of orange. Does it start that way? I figure you have seen it at Aitkin's if you don't grow it yourself.

Lebanon, OR

IrisMA, can not remember on that one as do not grow it and only get to Aitkens about every 3rd or 4th year.

Too busy here, seeing Keppels, MA and Schreiners...

D

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

This is the longest season for us -- last year I added EE and VL plants in each class but with the weather being warm 3-4 days then cold for days the blooms are lasting longer. Feel free to check out my iris journal and anything listed flowered 2008 is or has bloomed so far. There's just too many to list but I think my fave new-to-my-garden IB is Zing Me.

http://davesgarden.com/tools/journal/

Thumbnail by Elizabethtown
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Gnu Rayz. My first IB for this year and the first year in my garden for this one. Very attractive. Sorry this is not it. This is a TB, War Chief!

This message was edited May 14, 2008 5:15 PM

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Now, Gnu Rayz.

Thumbnail by pajaritomt
South Hamilton, MA

Problem solved Dee, It was a misplaced label when the mulch was taken off early in the spring--plant trying to bloom as done so before so recognized it.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Constant Companion

Thumbnail by pollyk
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Constant Companion is lovely. Like a taller Hottentot. (Kinda).

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

It does look quite like Hottentot, doesn't it?

I just love the purple in the spring. It really shows up.

Love Gnu Rayz.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.