Anyone up for a "Pantry" Challenge?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Lots of threads discussing the food crisis, etc. So, I thought if anyone is interested, we could have a "Pantry Challenge" I know that me and DH are motivated, both by having our own stuff on hand and knowing how it got on our shelves.

We don't grow enough on our own, but we surely can 'can' :) It's now nearly mid May......let's find ways to help each other figure out week to week what we can "put up". As long as I'm sure of the source we purchase from, it makes sense in both dollars saved.....better food to eat later.....and making sure we have safe edibles to fill our stomachs.

I'm hoping this thread will be filled with shared real hand experiences for those of us who really want to make the effort towards some semblance of food sustainability.

I'll start off by offering an idea for this week to start blanching and freezing any local asparagus I can still find - our grandbaby loves it mushy so I'm ok with freezing it :)

Any other ideas for this week? I really want to challenge myself this year.

This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!