Happy Mothers Day.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

The lady had three sons. Each had gone out into the world and become wildly successful. As siblings will do, on Mother's day they were very competive as to who would give thier mother the best present.

Tom gave her a beautiful mansion, eleven bathrooms, swimming pool, formal gardens and all the amenities.

Ronald gave her a top the line Mercedes complete with chauffeur.

Melvin said to his brothers. " You know how Mother likes to read her Bible and her eyesight is failing. I got this parrot which has memorized the Bible. All she has to do is name a verse and the parrot speaks it perfectly. It took years to train this parrot and and I had to promise the monastery one hundred thousand dollars a year for the next ten years to get him."

On Monday She sat down to write thank you notes to her sons.

Dear Tom. Thank you for the wonderful mansion, but I can use only one room and the rest of the house still needs to be cleaned.

Dear Ronald. Thank you for the beautiful automobile, but you know I never go anywhere and the chauffeur is rude and mean.

Dear Melvin. Thank you. You always seem to know exactly what I want. The chicken was delicious.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!