WANTED Common American or Canadian Wildflowers

Maastricht, Netherlands(Zone 8a)

Since my visits a few years ago to Canada (British Columbia) the Northeast of the USA and to the States Washington and Oregon I became very interested in American (or Canadian) native plants. It's not so difficult to get seeds from commercial suppliers of showy often perennial plants but seeds of common annuals or less showy perennials are much more difficult to obtain. And when I say common I mean plants like Erigeron philadelphicus, Lactuca canadensis, Senecio glabellus, Laportea canadensis and so on.

Does anyone here have these or other common (even weedy) plants ? I could send you some seed in return or perhaps even pay for them. Please email me and we'll see.

Park Hill, OK(Zone 5b)

http://www.richters.com/
This is a canadian seed company that specializes in herbs and natives. Didn't look for your examples, but they have everything! give them a look see.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

In Fredericksburg, Texas, there is a great mailorder business, Wildseed Farms, and they offer a huge variety of seed at reasonable prices. If you can't find it on the web, I'll try to locate my catalog for the address. Aimée

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Wildseed Farm doesnt mail outside of North America which is a shame.

Mark

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I have desdemonium canadense, anenome cylindrica, small amount of dalea purpurea, amorpha canesens, parthenium integrifolium,and eryngium yuccafolium. Doris

Valley Falls, NY(Zone 5a)

Doris,..Please check out my lists for a possible trade?

Burlington, VT(Zone 4a)

Try Ernst Seed Company, a very reputable company in the US that does a lot of wildgathering. Good luck.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.