Happy Mother's Day!!!

(Zone 4a)

I hope all you wonderful women get spoiled!!!

So who received a clematis for Mother's day???

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms!

I didn't receive any new Clematis (not counting all the ones sitting on my deck waiting to be planted), but I received a dozen Roses from my hubby and Tulips from my sons. I worked in the garden all day. The weather was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day.

How was yours? How did you spend it?

(Zone 4a)

I pretty much did the same as you - I worked outside all day - loved every minute of it!!! The kids has sleepovers at the grandparents so dh and I got to sleep in today - Last night we went to our favourite Italian restaurant....

It was a great day here too!

Have ideas of where you are going to plant your new clematises? The ones you didn't get for mother's day? LOL

Sounds like you had a fabulous Mother's Day too!

Good questions! I buy all these Clematis and then have to figure out where I'm going to plant them! Some are young plants and I grow them out for 6 months before planting them in my garden. The more mature Clematis with a well developed root system will get planted in my garden amongst the Roses, shrubs, arbors & obelisks. The shorter growing varieties are potted up w/a small trellis and are grown in containers, which I keep on my deck that way I can enjoy their beauty close up. Also, since we are only planning to stay in our current house for a couple more years, I going to start concentrating on buying Clematis that are smaller in stature.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I'm glad everyone had a nice Mother's Day..every time I get a new clematis for my garden I celebrate..LOL..Jeanne

You're right! Whenever you buy a Clematis it is a cause for celebration! :~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.