Meijer garden center improved

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

Have you checked out Meijer's garden center this year?
They've really expanded their offerings (at least the one I shop at) with a lot of Proven Winner plants and bigger selection of everything.

Got these cute violas at Wal-Mart

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

those are so sweet!! I'm trying not to buy anything till the dirt for the back yard is in the little mister is suppose to be on that project I think I'm going to take over be fore he gives me a nervouse break down ( he thinks hes helping me) LOL
Gloria

Kalamazoo, MI

I agree with you, Cottage_Rose. We picked up some plants at a no-name garden stand about a half mile from Meijer, then stopped to look at what Meijer had to offer. Their prices were better. We got a red twig dogwood there for under $20.

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

I'll be checking Meijers out...
Which one were you at Kristi?

Delane

Kalamazoo, MI

There's a fairly new one between 12 & 13 on Mound Rd. The other place is in the parking lot at the corner of 13 & Mound. Sounds like you're closer to the Meijer on Hall Rd.?

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Actually 26 mile and Vandyke and Hall road as well I go to costco alot and Meijers is right there...the gas is "atleast" 10 cents cheaper. We have quite alot of greenhouses out this way too. But I have to control myself...and sometimes its not easy ;o)...But I've been doing good since its so cold and ugly out. I lived in Roseville before we moved here and I went to Meijers on 13 mile and Mack. Although I always came out where I live now for my flowers and stuff anyways. Yeah when my son was mugged at the age of 12 for the second time we moved LOL... I grew up in Warren though 9 mile and Schoenherr and went to East Detroit schools.

Kalamazoo, MI

We go to that Costco sometimes too. And Ray Wiegand's when we visit our niece in Macomb (near 23 and Romeo Plank). I know the 9 and Schoenherr area. Our neighborhood is changing fast and we're considering moving. The hardest thing to leave behind is the garden I've created over the last 12 years. :(

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Yeah I live off of 25 mile between Hayes and Romeo Plank...so not to far from your niece.
And I frequent weigands as well (hard not to) I just got a gift card for my b-day from there...so guess were I will be soon LOL. So were in Warren are you located??
The area has changed drastically south Warren anyways....it was so nice when I grew up there...not anymore...completely run down and not cared for at all. It's hard to watch people just not care about there property ...what a shame. I like were we live now although I only have a 1/4 of a yard that I once HAD...that was hard to get used to...if we move again we'll go for more property...my last house was only 960 sq ft...so now we have more house and less yard...

Kalamazoo, MI

Yes, I grew up here and I remember when it was nicer. Went to Lincoln. Here (a block south of Toepfer and a block west of Van Dyke) there are at least a dozen properties for sale. A few weeks ago one of the houses sold for $4,500 at auction. So many poor people--many so nice. We're thinking of moving and renting our house until the market improves.

So the garden is very important to me! Hooray for Meijer and Ray Wiegand's!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Cottagerose you are correct. I went to Meijer today and purchased several nice shrubs and at great prices... Red twig verigated dogwood, rhodendron, and two spireas... So happy just what I wanted. The flats were really expensive though. I havent really checked the prices anywhere else yet. So did not buy any there. But truly enjoyed the shopping. Ronna

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I have bought a couple things from them this year and was surprised with the selection as compared to last year-you are right Rose-much better this year and the prices aren't too bad either!!

Kalamazoo, MI

We were there yesterday. Geraniums for 99 cents each and a 6 pack of coleus for 8.99.

They had some promo plants when I was there.
Got some real nice qt. size blue Scabiosis (sp?) and hostas for $3.00 each. They had some other promo plants but I forget what they were.
Look for promo plants at Home Depot and Lowes too.
Some real good deals can be found so snoop around when you are out and about.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Does everyone look at the markdown rack when they go to the garden centers??? I sure do!!! If they have a little bit of green (not to dead)) I buy them... I baby them and nurture them and they usually do pretty good. They are happy in there new home...

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

well i did not get these at meijer but i didnt want to start a new thread about them.... but look at these impatient i bought at a green house in martin!!! so beautiful!! im sure they have been around for a while but i have never seen them before... Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

this is the pot i put them in... love the non stop begoinias....the little pot sitter i recieved from a round robin i was in cute huh??? Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123

Pretty!

We're getting a new Meijer in Cedar Springs right off the e-way/US 131.
A smaller one...around 150,000 sq. ft. but it will be nice to have one just a few miles from home. Right now we go to the one in Greenville or Rockford. I think my fav Meijer is the "Cascade" Meijer on 28th St.
Pret-ty fancy!
Now I would of been REALLY excited if we would of got a Wal-Mart instead.
YES I know WM is the evil empire but I go there anyway. ;o)

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Oh so sweet to see a thread about Meijer's! I grew up in MI and quite miss that super store. Nothing to compare but Wal-Mart in the south. :(

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

oh believe me we do also! you cant help but go.... there prices are about the best in town... but i also do trade at meijer.. the old standby!!

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

I was lucky, grew up without any Wal-marts in my town. Just 3 Kmarts. :)

I like K-Mart too.
The Martha Stewart line brought in much more interest/variety in the garden department.

Cottage Rose-the town I grew up in, Belding, the Greenville one was the closest one-the old location-so we always went there!! Then they moved it while I was moved away, but it is the one all of family goes too!! How funny-you must live by Greenvile or Rockwood or in between then...

Cedar Springs

I am trying to think of where that is-sounds familiar....

OK-yeah-we always used to take the 131 to Cadillac....

Fenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Fairy!!! What are you doing on line?? I thought you were going to Bakers today?
Hey you never said if you got my check?? Did ya"??
When are you going to Bakers? I am still coming Sunday right??
I will call you Sunday when i leave that will give you 1.5 hrs. till I come to your town!!
Julie
Hello every body i just came up stairs after planting plants since 11;30 this morning!!
I am tired!

Yes-we are still on for Sunday-it is a whooe long story about today-I am leaving my house @ 9am tomorrow-unless the check came today I didn't get it-didn't check the mail today-will check it B4 I go tomorrow though:) That is fine if you call-no worries!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.