Dill's Atlantic Giant

Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

Here we go again. I hope I can find enough space for it...

Thumbnail by tropicalaria
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

is that a cukecumber?

Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

http://www.howarddill.com/

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks

Missoula, MT(Zone 4b)

My grandson and I planted 5 pots on April 17. This one germinated in 7 days. One more in 15 days, and this morning, at 23 days, there is one more starting to poke up. I'm going to try to figure out some way to warm them up a little - maybe that will get them going.

Thumbnail by jayne_a
Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

I planted my last four seeds, and all four came up. I'm thinking about keeping an extra plant around just for trying some unusual crosses (size is often especially affected by the mother, so I'll need a plant for setting fruit on, rather than just getting the pollen from the main plant, if I'm going to try monster-sizing other squash plants). On the other hand, I'm not sure I have room for one of these, let alone four. ^_^

Here it is at two weeks, 10" across. I love those monster cotyledons, though.

Thumbnail by tropicalaria
Glen Ellyn, IL(Zone 5b)

I wonder if Cricket's Garden is going to show up with her giants this year.

Tri-Cities, WA(Zone 7b)

I hope so. She's much more dedicated than I. I'm just hoping to actually water them enough this year.

Jayne, how are yours coming?

Missoula, MT(Zone 4b)

I haven't got them in the ground yet. (I've been focused on getting seeds into the vegetable garden.) They are continuing to grow in their little bitty pots, though. I will take another picture when they're planted.

I find it interesting that we put two seeds in each pot, but just one sprouted in each. Do they have some kind of mechanism to prevent competition?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.