Cassia x nealiae - Rainbow Shower

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Aloha my Hawaiian friends! I am looking for seeds from this beautiful tree. Not only for myself, but for a friend who recently sent me some wonderful plants. Does anyone have access to any seeds from this beautiful tree??

Yokwe,
Shari

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha Shari,

The rainbow shower tree is all over the place here, and it's gorgeous! I understand that the rainbow is a sterile tree and the only way you can get one is by air layering. One of the reasons I have always wanted one, besides it's beauty, is because you don't get the masses of seed pods all over the place. I may be totally wrong with this info - Carol will know...

Have a happy mother's day, sounds like a fun outing with your daughter!

Yokwe,

Jen

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the info Jen. I will pass that along, and keep fingers crossed that maybe Carol has a seedling or some other magic. Seems like one or the other of you guys always comes to my rescue! (My Cherokee has another flower starting to emerge...hopefully it won't disintegrate this time!)

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

AH....didn't know it was sterile. Someone told me they had seeds. let me check it out. We have one and I will be happy to airlayer a bunch!!!!

Carol

Yipee! Thanks Carol, but please wait until you feel better...

Shari, box on it's way - funnily enough I didn't have to have it inspected because it wasn't going to the mainland like the others! Hope the Inspector knew what he was talking about!

Jen

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Yippee!! Oh thank you, Jenny!!
Carol,...definately wait until you are feeling better, but when you do, I would love to have one, and my friend also - so that would be two, and then one for Jenny...can you air layer that many without damaging the tree??

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

That tree needs some diciplining, anyway!!!!

LOL, Carol. Thanks!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Ditto! Thanks from me and my friend as well!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.