Canna tubers wanted...

(Jan) So Milw, WI(Zone 5b)

I rec'd some different/unique varieties of canna tubers last year from some wonderful DGer's. I carefully wrapped each of them separately in newspaper and stored them in the dark, cool basement and none of them seem viable. I am heartsick as the below varieties that I had gotten were so special to me :( Should I have stored them in pots of dirt? Please, if anyone has any extra tubers of any of the below I will gladly pay S/H...

Tropicanna Canna
Stuttgart
Variegated Pretoria
Black Knight
Musafolia

Thank you for your consideration!!
Jan

This message was edited May 8, 2008 3:03 PM

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

I am sending you a nice Bengal and My really tall San Antonio River Cannas... and probably a few more!

Tammie

darn it.. my printer just died so now I actually have to HAND WRITE the shipping lable! I hate that.

Tammie-

I have something THAT I KNOW you'll like and I'll send it along with the postage reimbursement...and, I'm stubborn and will not take "NO" for an answer...You are GREEEAAATTT (said like "Tony the Tiger" --- talking about Kellogg's Frosted Flakes...)!!!!!! Geez, I'm aging myself and you are probably waaay too young to remember that commercial...

Thank you, as always, for your kindness and thoughtfulness...Jan

sorry to say I remember all those commercials very well.. i had a little black and white TV on my desk when I did my homework. I got two complements yesterday just by looks first.. getting ready for a medical test on friday and had to do several things first... of course they ask my age and I tell them.. they gave me that double take look and then said they would have guessed over 10 years younger! Boy did I feel great that it happened twice yesterday. I have a group of the yellow with orange center ones that grow about 4 ft tall.. need to dig up about 1/2 of that little stand to put in some others.. want some of those too?

Sure, what the heck---stuff the box :) Just, please, don't hurt yourself with all the digging...but, it'll always be something, hey?! Was it last year (or the year before) that you were having problems with one of your knees? Is it all better now? I hafta laff at myself---I'm telling you to be 'careful'---when I'm in the garden on my hands and knees I have to crawl to something sturdy to pull myself up or, sometimes I use my big shovel as a 'brace'...ugh!!! What am I gonna do when I truly get 'old'? LOL!

I hope that all goes well with your medical test on Friday!

The left knee got perfectly well.. the one I told the Dr was hurt.. I actually hurt both but the Right was not really bad and I did not have insurance. The right is still giving me problems. What a drag. You have it.. will stuff the box. I was just eying the tropicannas.. none are up enough to really tell where they are. They are very slow here.

Thanks Tammy!!!

Enjoy your weekend-
Jan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.