Need info please on Blue Gracieuse

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Blue Gracieuse I recieved in trade year of 2006 and it bloomed last year. Beautiful but I can not find info on it.

Thumbnail by Mainer
Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

There is no iris registered with that name. You should contact your trader and verify the iris's identity and correct name spelling.

There is an iris registered as Gracieuse, but it is an obsolete, historic TB (obviously no match for your unknown JI).

Denham Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

I found a little information on your blue iris at:
http://www.addisongardens.com/descriptlist_I.html

http://www.cfg6296.com/cgi-bin/newcatalog.pl?flower=japiris

and I found a little information on a lavender one too:
Iris ensata 'Gracieuse'
Japanese Iris
ZONE 4-9, HT 36", SUN/PART SUN
Large white flowers with delicate lilac edges appear in mid summer -- truly elegant. Prefers somewhat heavy acid soil with ample water.

I hope that this helps.

Carol

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

It definately looks like a Japanese Iris to me. I have several varieties planted around my pond, they like moist soil or standing water such as the edge of ponds. In our climate they do have to be removed from the water for the winter. I would love to trade and don't care about the name. I just enjoy them for their beauty.

Deer River, MN(Zone 3b)

Interesting. It appears that the JI version of Gracieuse is one of those irises that was introduced into commerce without ever being registered with the AIS.

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

Thank you! I noticed a lot of ensata are not registered with AIS. I have a sdlg. a violet one by Dave Chase of Golden Glow that I like also not reg. Came directly from him back in 1987.

Blue Gracieuse I got in 2006 and is more blue than the Gracieuse pic on the web saying it is white flecked with blue but that is the closest thing I have seen to match it so thank you Carol. At least we know there is probably a Gracieuse series out there not reg.

Blue Gracieuse is more blue with very little white in it. It does love the watery place I placed it in,near the edge of a stream leading to a pond that dries up in the summer. No doubt it is an ensata for that was on the label that came with it. That is the correct spelling as far as the trader writing it on the label. Not sure I can contact her again without updated email.

This will multiply fast I think so trading will be possible soon. I just want to get as accurate info as I can, to go with it.

Julianna

Denham Springs, LA(Zone 8b)

You're welcome.

Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.