My First Iris Photos here...

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

just figured out how to resize them:) There are a few of what has opened up until today.

Earthborn--my first named iris purchase last fall. Didn't plant out until mid Dec. but still had my first flower of the season from it...and it's still in flower:)

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

More of Earthborn

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

This is Stunning

Thumbnail by dmac085

I love that! Pretty, pretty,pretty.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Designer Gown

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Twist of Fate

Thumbnail by dmac085
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Beautiful!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Arilbred Lady Mohr

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Cherry Garden (and Velvet in the window)

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

One more of Earthborn--I swear you'd think I was taking pictures of some model the way I kept trying different angles and distances:LOL: What a dork!

Thumbnail by dmac085
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

You are not a dork - or - I'm a dork too! Either way, I do the same thing, taking 5-6-7 shots of the same flower to get the best representation of color, size, etc......then my husband comes out with his digital SLR and takes his set - LOL!!!

Love the pics - keep posting more!!! I really like the color combo on Earthborn!

audrey

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks for all the nice posts!

I just got the camera in Dec. and the stick/card in Jan. I know the neighbors must think I'm weird but thank goodness no one here does:lol:

Yeah, Earthborn was my HG of iris so I can relax now that I have it and it's actually flowered=)

I've got a few more around back that are gonna bust open soon and a couple more up front...just have to look at my little map to try to match up which one is which...

Donna

Thumbnail by dmac085
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Love Earthborn. I have it too and can't get enough of it. Your kitty looking sleepily out the window is adorable to.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you!

The funny thing is she is sitting right next to the mouse pad looking at me that same way right now:lol: Whenever I get on the computer she thinks its a great time for cuddling and laying on my mouse arm=)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

My dogs think computer time is ear scratching time. Luckily, they come to my left side, not my right. When not typing, I do as commanded, I scratch.

South Hamilton, MA

What a great job of charting. If more of us would do it, there would be less panic about lost tags in the garden. Good color, too, of course.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks--I have an abundance of graph paper since I have to draw out the layout for my dept at work each season. I think I ran out of tags so I had the notebook with me and stopped to write after each one got placed. Of course then a large dog ran through the thing and move the tags:lol: I made the neater/ dirt free copy later:)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

A few yellows showed up today so I got to snapping=)

In the front bed with Earthborn, Designer Gown, Stunning and Twist of Fate is

Harvest of Memories--I think I read somewhere it might rebloom. I've never grown one that reblooms...is it on a new stalk and should I cut down the older stalk after the flowers are gone?

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Back on the patio in pots I have Enchantment.

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

And in another pot I have Moon Love.

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Here is a better picture of Enchantment.

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

A better one of Moon Love.

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Another one that isn't yellow:) Rainbow Goddess--first one is with the brick patio wall behind it. Color looks really good.

Thumbnail by dmac085
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

And another of Rainbow Goddess with the lawn as the background...color looks a bit different with this background. Still really beautiful.

Thumbnail by dmac085
South Hamilton, MA

When Harvest of Memories reblooms, it should send up a new stalk in the late summer or fall. New stalks in the spring are a continuation of spring bloom. Do cut stalks which have finished flowering to prevent them from rotting.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks! We tend to have long dragged out summers here for the most part so if it is going to rebloom it should have plenty of good weather to do it in.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.