Had a great visit yesterday

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

Pepper 23 and Leaflady came visiting yesterday and Elle and I had a great time visiting with them. they brought some growing containers down for us and then had blackberry starts, hollyhock
horseradish I think daffodil there may be more I was emptying
there van when Elle and them were working on getting everything into pots to hold over night. they took home a few bags of rabbit gold as we call it. Just a great time had by all

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Dave, the 'daffs' are garlic cloves that need to be separated and replanted. apparently a whole top set of bulblets took root. I have so many I decided to share with you. They are either CA white or the silver/rose streaked kind. I got them at the store several years ago and started raising them. They have finally acclimated to MO climate. I have dozens more if you want them.

This message was edited May 6, 2008 9:05 AM

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

It was a great visit!! Have already started emptying one bag of rabbit gold and gave 2 to grandma. When my dad gets the tiller over here I will empty probably 2 bags for the small veggie garden.

Humansville, MO(Zone 6a)

Well i will have to change beds with them. I put a new bed on the fence line by the garden for the hollyhocks and set them on the one end then tilled another where i said we were going to put the perennials beds and put the horse radish there will move the garlic over next to it.The blackberry will go on the other end of that row where it can expand. It is the only think i didn't get planted yesterday but it is doing fine in the bucket

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.