Foxfire Hosta Whirligig

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Foxfire Hosta Whirligig

Thumbnail by dmac085
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh Heavens... dmac... what a pretty one!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you=D I got it last spring in the co-op and it was a strong grower then and just took off again this year.

I wish I knew what I did to get this photo to work:LOL: I'm on vacation this week and am determined to have this down pat by next weekend.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I can't wait to get our new FF hostas from this years Co-OP. mine from last year are doing quite well... though FIre & Ice still only has 1 eye ... all the others are bigger than last year.

May have to put Whirli on my list for next year.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

I may have enough to divide next spring if you'd like...I plan to keep it in a container and this year it had 13 or 14 eyes. I'll probably have to trim it back if I want to keep it in the same container.
I only got 3 this time but I'm looking forward to them too. The others I got last year are doing well, not as big as Whirligig but still great (Raspberry Sorbet, Bitter Lemons and Geisha).

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

that would be awesome!! if you divide next year... keep me in mind.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH -- i just peeked in PlantFiles for it... and there is no info. you should at least add your photo.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/3644/

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks--I'm going to put you in my journal/trade thing as a reminder for when I split it.

Going to try to add my photo to PlantFiles too.

Donna

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Side view

Thumbnail by dmac085
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I like the uniqueness of the twisted ones. very purrrty.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks--I think I managed to figure out the steps for posting photos and resizing. I'm not sure how many photo related programs are currently on this computer but I have figured out that the one that came with my camera doesn't really allow for resizing for use here at DG. Whew! Thought I might be wrestling this all week:lol:

Don't be shy about reminding me about the Whirligig in the spring...I'm easily distracted=D

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

well -- you did very good at resizing this... 600x660 at 127mb is good.

my DH will resize images for email... but they are still HUGE. can't teach an old dog new tricks...
I try to explain about bandwidth and stuff... but he sometimes thinks bigger is better... but they can still be big - viewing wise, but not file-size-wise.

what programs do you have?

and i'm gonna go out and take a pic of my Northern Sunray for you....

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Last year.... this was my favorite.

the image is 600x455 @ about 52kb

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Love the 3 colors of the leaves! As much as I like them when they're all leafed out, there is just something that grabs me when they're newly emerged and the first few pips and leaves begin to unfurl.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.