If you are in the Greenwood, SC Area

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Don't miss the new Jackson & Perkins Outlet!! Actually a part of the Parks Seed outfit but o-boy the prices are unbelievable. For instance, I was determined I was going to get some bronze potato plants this year--had taken a deep breathe and was planning to order from the only source I could find at 6 plant tray for $12.95 plus shipping. Guess what JPO had beautiful plants 6pk @$1.65 not only of the bronze but of the other colors as well; mix or match a tray of 36 plants for $5 and perennials for $1 ea. At these prices I am going to have a good looking border this year for an unbelievable price. If you are in the market for birdhouses, feeders, ceramic containers you may find what you looking for at a real savings. Even got a copy of "Success with Seed" book I have longed for at 20% of advertised price (brand new!)

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Oh wow, I haven't been there since they reopened; now I am raring to go. Not that I need anything, I just like a bargain. :-)))
Congratulations on some great buys.

Anderson, SC(Zone 7b)

Holy crap!! Thanks for that info!! :)))

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

Gessie - I love going to both the outlet and the seed trial facility....have gotten numerous bargains in March at both when they were trying to get rid of last years stock - Aristolchia Gigantea (Pelican Flower) $40 in the stores - their clearance was $10 for a 6' trellis'd vine...I got a rabbit foot fern for $5 and it was in a 6"pot and very nice....at the outlet their arbors and pergolas are way underpriced from what lowes sells them for....

If you ever need someone to shop with there let me know! I always need an excuse to see whats new there LOL

I used to drive thru Saluda alot last year when I was a bank courrier (everday) my run took me to N. Augusta and bck to Newberry - my favorite part of the drive was passing Laymans Nursery - that place is HUGE! and I know they have open to the public plant sales a few times a year - if you ever see in your local paper they are having an open house do let me know -I'd like to check them out!

Deanna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.