coffee iris

Lebanon, OR

Here is one that will be introduced in 09-10 not sure which one.

Cuppa joe
Spice Sister x Yippy Skippy

Thumbnail by irisloverdee
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Yippee!!!

Love the colors and form!!!! Are you sure you don't need me to test it in my desert garden Dee?

I've never seen "Cuppa Joe..." - is that available?

audrey

Lebanon, OR

It will be on the market in 09-10 more likely in 09 SDB $15.00

Will think about it kiddo as not tested yet

D

South Hamilton, MA

Dee- Did you see the request in the Medianite for information on copper colored irises? I am sure that they would like any follow-up information on brown, it's just a different shade from copper.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Beautiful Dee!

Lebanon, OR

irisMA, behind, way behind in reading will have to dig out and see what the article says.

Thank you Doss:)

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I love Touch of Mahogany speaking of coffee colored iris. Very pretty

Lebanon, OR

yes touch of mahogney is a killer

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Really lovely, Dee. You should be very proud of this new hybrid.

Lebanon, OR

There is another one that I like in the browns with a lavender beard and one that my son did but he wants my name on it...a peachy, pink, yellow number that is quite different.

Thank you

D

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It would be fun to see that one as well. Betty

Lebanon, OR

I will tomorrow, very tired tonight and if no wind will spray, then go to Mid America and look at theirs.

D

Lebanon, OR

Oregon Sunrise

Lebanon, OR

This is another one where my grandson about 4 years ago took all the tags out and off but had the space and just for fun planted the seeds...so this one has been true to color, bud count, branching for 3 years now and I really like, but know neither the pod or pollen parent but it increases well and is fertile both ways

D

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

He has the gift Dee!!

Very lovely!!!!

South Hamilton, MA

I had a seedling last yr. marked as a SDB cross by an unknown. It turned up as a red MTB seedling with yellow stripes. Don't know what gremlin was in the garden at the time but certainly was some strange magic. It's much more fun when the background is known but strange things do pop up. I don't have anyone fooling in the garden in real time like you did but there are strange happenings at time.

Lebanon, OR

Well as I said now all in the garden is the one worker, myself and sometimes my husband, unless my 43 year old son is out being the mad sciencient but he marks all his crosses:)

He is trying very hard for one as close to green as possible.

D

Thank you

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6a)

D -- Oregon Sunrise needs to take a trip east upon introduction if not sooner. LOL!

Raleigh, NC

"as close to green as possible" ?

that's me, every time you mention grandchildren. I WANT ONE. darn those older two of mine. One's almost 30 and no where near making her OWN cross. Drat.

Love both of these, Dee!

Lebanon, OR

Well my two kids are 37 and almost 43, 37 has 4 kids a mix of his hers and our, and the 43 NONE but will start thinking after next year.

D

There is still HOPE

A cross between turquoise and green grass color

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Dee-
I love the name cuppa joe. Great name for it. :0)

South Hamilton, MA

Middle daughter had her kids just before she was 39 & 41. They are 4 & 6 now. Dee,if you have a series of small brown irises, nobody else seems to work with them.

Lebanon, OR

I have one that is quite simp. to this one but fuller and more ruffled with a lavender beard that I am going to work with and might intro it in 09-10 not sure when as going to work like a dickens getting as many of the siberians out as possible then go to the seedlings then spurias and potted plants...someday I might get to work on my garden HAHAHAHAHA

Thank goodness had a helper today with digging the siberians then must get the wholesale order ready to go .

D

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

You're toying with me Dee!!! I will love that combination!!!!

Lebanon, OR

Wish the picture was better.

This out of the same cross

Enjoy Mrsj and will try for better picture on Tues

Lebanon, OR

same cross

Lebanon, OR

same cross 100*08d

Lebanon, OR

finally
100-074-08a

South Hamilton, MA

Really liked the first new one, you seem to be getting the entire coffee shop.

Lebanon, OR

Working with several different colors and keep coming up with everything but what I wanted but some beauty's there. All have 2 branches and 3-4 buds...all in propotion

Thank you

South Hamilton, MA

Extra buds are always helpful. A pink seedling (SDB) is thinking of blooming, I can feel, just 2 buds.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I love the first one. Wish that I could grow them here!

Lebanon, OR

Thank you one and all

D

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

How fun to have so many brown ones, and you are already off to a great start with names.

That first one in your last photos is definitely mocha colored. And with the icy blue beards, makes me think mocha frappuccino, lol...

congratulations on your starbucks series :0)

Lebanon, OR

HAHAHA the only trouble with that name is too long for the sDB leave...LOL

D

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

My favorite color of iris is the brown family. Everyone else hates them in my family. I only have one but love it.

Lebanon, OR

Well if all goes well there should be a crop in the next two years of SDB

D

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Juan Valdez is blooming today!

I am tickled pink ☺

Thumbnail by mrsj

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.