CLOSED: Any one want...Blood Root for postage?

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Sorry this is closed...not available....happy day.......smiles..Diana

This message was edited May 26, 2009 1:11 PM

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

wannabe.... are they sun or shade? Very pretty would take if they are shade... Ronna

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

If you have any extra, I would love to try some, too.

Let me know,
deb

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

I love bloodroot. If you have any left, I would definitely like some; for postage or anything you want from my meager list of "haves". Please don't let any get thrown away, I'll take all you have leftover! I'm going to bed now, but d-mail me if you have some for me. Thanks!!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7a)

P.S. I have unnamed daylily seeds if you want them. I'm never, ever going to grow them from seed, but couldn't just throw them out last fall. If you want them, you can have them even if you do run out of bloodroot.

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi....I have enough for 3....great...well...they grow in the woods...under heavy tree cover...in the spring...there are not any leaves on the trees..so that starts them up....they bloom for...about 1 full week...then it turns to leaves...and maybe..get to 8-10 high.....strange leaves...if you want to see the leaves I can take a picture....

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

id take some!!! if u have extra!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Sure Dori....think that will be it..though.....smiles..send on Monday ..I will send a dmail...

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Just got back from the post office...The girl was so nice...(helped to fill the boxes right there..)...hehhe..unusual...I am sure..So they are off...5 of them..the two in Michigan might get them tomorrow...the other three...IlL, Mo. and Ga...two to three days...please let me know..when you get them...and remember...they will double in size...each year..so be careful..I sent the leaves...really they do not have to have leaves...but they are cute..and different...main part it the root...Hope you all enjoy them...Give them a good home I am sure....

Waving.....and smiles...too...

Diana

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Thank you Diana!!!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Can I get in line for next year ? :-)

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Did everyone get theirs yet????????

only heard from

3 gardeners...GA....received..
gardenlady123......received
dbrockbn.......received.
Notmartha...received
momcat...received... Alll in happy homes...Mom cat says , her are droppy...just stick them i
in the ground...let me know...Hardy buggers...Do not be so kind to them...hehehe
they are used to a hard..life..lol...take care all....smiles..

So much for priority mail....and they are getting a raise..hahaha...

smiles..Diana

This message was edited May 8, 2008 11:41 AM

This message was edited May 8, 2008 12:09 PM

This message was edited May 9, 2008 1:27 PM

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i bet mine will be here today-let you know in a hr when the mailman gets here

smoochez

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

got them-very nice plants!!!

thanks
dori
will send postage out tomorrow!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

ok...alll is well...read above..lol...smiles..Diana

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

3 gardeners...got your Hellebores babies today...they are so cute..Have the perfect spot for them...thanks again...smiles..Diana

Prospect, KY(Zone 6a)

If you have any remainder for trade, I'm interested. Beautiful plants...

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi.....well in the spring...there will be more..if you remind me...dmail...then...be happy to send you a start...it is a nice plant....Smiles..Diana...

Prospect, KY(Zone 6a)

Diana,
I would be thrilled. I will check back with you when the weather begins to change. Thanks!
Didn't the Native people use the roots extract for face painting? That is what my grandmother once told me. ??

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

yes....war paint...it is red juice..in the stems...yes remind me...I know I will not remember..it...so dmail..me..in the spring...
smiles..Diana..

Louisville, KY

Hey y'all, if I'm not intruding, please be careful with this plant. The roots are extremely caustic (wear a mask and gloves when working with the dried root). Medicinely, the roots are used in a salve to remove cancers. Having personal experience in using this, I can tell you that it does work, but it is not a gentle healer.
It's a beautiful plant and I wish I had room for a big clump of it. Guess I'll have to get a bigger box.

Blkhand, howdy neighbor! You are just a Heine Brothers away. lol (a coffee shop for the rest of y'all)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.