Today's Weather in Your Garden - 19

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

I know, I'm surprised at how a very little movement will send the blue jays flying off.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks. They seem to be the most sensitive to movement of all the birds I have visiting.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

Temp 50.0°, Wind NNE 4.5 mph. ☺

I find the Blue Jays the easiest to take, I have 3 brothers I feed everyday. If I dont give them their peanuts by 9 am they come knocking on my kitchen door with their beaks. When they see me working in the yard they usually sit on a branch near me and watch!

Hee hee! ☺

Thumbnail by WaterCan2
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

The ducks come to our door and let us know it's feeding time. They must be hanging out elsewhere because I haven't seen them around.

I love ducks!...I wish I had a few, ducks are so cool - love the line they form in the am, ( If there are 5 or more!). ☺

Here they are - The Judge and his girlfriend, Blanche.

Thumbnail by pirl
S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

cute!

Hee hee! Cool! ☺

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

That is the cutest picture, Pirl! True love!

I would have guessed he would be chasing her!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Started out cloudy and chilly, turned real warm and hazy, then from 3-5:30 it was beautiful, went out to do some planting then had to go to a hair appt as I got farther east it got colder and cloudy by the time I got to the mall. It had to have dropped 20 degrees, I was freezing and only had a s/s shirt on.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very cute Pirl.... can't ask for a better shot

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

All the bird pics are quite cute and nicely done. The turkeys are still dominating things around here and were in a turf war at the bird feeder yesterday with a local black cat, I would say it was a draw in the end, they all left. Still overcast here, not much of a breeze and the temp is the same as it stayed most all day yesterday, 40 degrees. Hoping for some sun.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Ngam, Me too. Drizzling and gray this morning in Nantucket. 45 and moving to about 50 today with showers/rain predicted until Monday afternoon. BLAH I will have to get out and plant when it is not so nice regardless. Viewing the bulbs in this weather is not the best , but, at least, no frost or snow here. This is a sunny shot, and it goes out to The Judge and his girlfriend, Blanche. 'Kissproof' taken on Weds as no sun here yesterday either. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

50* and wet here.
I'll wait for sun to dry everything off and apply Liquid Fence. This will be 4th ap. since March.
Expect a sunny day with showers tonight.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Currently At 6:50AM
Cloudy
49°F
RealFeel®
50°F
Winds: E
at 3mph
Cloudy
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 46° F
Pressure: 30.08 in
Visibility: 3 Miles

going to this today... even though it might be drippy out
http://www.arboretumfriends.org/plantsale.php

Rain and no sun yesterday, rain and no sun today and rain and no sun tomorrow. Hopefully Monday some SUN = please

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Onewish1, have fun and post us your goodie list.

It is even starting to blow here a bit and no sign of anything good coming.

I had 4 giant rabbits in the yard at first light this morning, but I am sure they would rather be in the garden eating my lilies. We spayed everything 2 weeks ago, but I am already nervous.

I am meeting today with our lawn mowing guy about having him install a new section of fence. He has a full service landscape company and can do the work I had hoped to do ourselves this spring on the most visible section of deer fence if his price is right. It works, but looks terrible.

I am out of time and energy and we would have to rent a post hole digger and it would probably not be straight if DH and I did it with the post being so big. I think I need 10 to 12 wooden 10' post put in, maybe more. We can attach the fence. I am going to add a wire rabbit barrier along the bottom to keep them from eating through the plastic deer fence. But I doubt I will get the rest of it done as it goes a long way through the woods (1/2acre, maybe) I will see how difficult it is and how it looks and the cost for the wire, but I will do the new section as that is their main entry point.

I also need some top soil from him. Last time I bought top soil years ago( not from him) I got tons of nut grass, which I am still dealing with, so I am a tad nervous. I have my truck load (25yds) of mulch coming next week and I have hired a couple of his men to help me put it down. It is going to be difficult with all the bulbs, but it will look nice. I think I will do mostly a lot of pointing and tweaking. I am sure I will be coming down with a backache that very day. Patti

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

LOL "Yuo SPAYED everything?
Isn't that going to affect blooms? LOL
Now I'm off the hook for "tart"

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Oh, my, no flowers for me this year. drat. But I would love to spay them rabits or pots them up for super. Too early. Patti

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

he he he, I can't sleep after the sun comes up.and my posts are'nt what they should be. I won't teas anymore.
I wont be spraying today or tomorrow either. Looks like rain until Monday.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I plan on not buying anything.... but you know how that goes... will bring the camera too

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I'm laying ods you'll come home with more than just pictures.
We all suffer from "plant lust"

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

terrible isn't it... even though i have more than enough plants for the season between the stuff i grew and bought already.. you know i won't be able to resist something

DH was going to get some top soil today but thats on hold. Sinces its raining the weight will make it cost more :-(

Dank and dreary again - windy, too. Temperature hasn't budged from 49.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

HEY pirl
Its turned foggy here and a hi of 60's

I'll be outside in winter clothing to get a package in the mail. I'm not looking forward to it but I'll have the nice hot whirlpool bath to look forward to when I'm done. I'll need it!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

keep looking forward, summer will be here soon and then we'll complain about the heat.

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Yuck, yuck, and yuck just about sums up yesterday, today and tomorrow around here too. Cold dreary and wet. Lots of plants waiting to get into their new homes, mulching to do, weeds are growing and a new bed to clear out. Seems like everything is coming in batches again this year, all sun or all rain for days and days.

Thomaston, CT

Drizzly & 50's--not a good way to start May, but better than 28 deg.--no damage for my plants, though--the rocks in all the walls around the raised beds, plus the brick & bluestone patios must radiate back enough heat to protect them. The lawn needs mowing, the lawn guys have not appeared, & probably won't til everything dries--whenever that will be--those taking the lovely bird pics should have been on my screened porch yesterday--a nuthatch was trapped, & I tried to convince my pointer, I would do the rescuing! Many birds fly in, but can't find the doorway which is at an angle--I always pray I get there ahead of Suzy!

48 and drizzly. Yuck.

What Victor said. Should be better on Monday. I think this is a good day to break out some DVDs and enjoy the time off.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

70* very hazy sun pops for a few seconds at a time.
The ten day outlook is good with only one night at38*
I am being soooo patient with a deck full of annuals.
I wannnna plant. BUT NO!!!

Thumbnail by ge1836
Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Today's weather in my garden: brrrr! It's damp and bone-chilling - that's why I'm inside on the computer!

On this cold, damp, drizzly day-a flash of brightness: we had our first humming bird!! Yay!

Temp 57.0° Wind E 7.6 mph. ☺

- One hanging basket for shade 'coming up'!

Thumbnail by WaterCan2

Looks nice, WC. Shopping bag hanging basket?? Great reuse!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

LOL Victor... very pretty WC

Thanks, picked them up yesterday, I'll put them in a basket later this week. working indoors today, damp & overcast here with a slight, yet bothersome, chilly wind. ☺

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.